Wristbands for Access Control

fudge

I was wondering what type of wristbands people have used for admittance?

I was looking at maybe ordering vinyl wristbands?

http://www.wristbands.co.uk/images/vinyl-silver-print.gif

or possibly a textag wristbands?

http://www.wristbands.co.uk/images/textag-on-wrist.jpg

Was going to order them through Wristbands UK as it came up first in google, has anyone tried these guys before?

Thanks!

Brendan

I know one sort that looks like the top one can be altered so you can take them on and off, it involves putting the "hole" plastic bit on flipped over, which means people can swap them to let others in.

Just a thought

The first type shown are never going to be incredibly secure. Most of the time the plastic faster can be removed with your teeth and will go back together. There are usually at least some signs of interference but it can be a logistical nightmare checking everyone one thoroughly. Some are more secure than others however and the last lot I ordered off IDC took a lot of effort to get off and wouldn't really hold back together afterwards.

The ones with the crimp fastener are incredibly secure if put on correctly and there isn't much chance of them being abused under normal circumstances. You do have to make sure they are put on tight enough though, a double jointed friend found he could easily remove his at a recent event simply by pulling it over his hand.

Can't speak for the company in question having only ever used IDC who I've always been happy with.

I'd agree that the second ones are incredibly effective. I had to help my mum get her Download Festival one off last night. The only way round it (she wanted to keep the ribbon intact) was to crush the plastic toggle with pliers.

our summer ball we always use these bandet wristbands from idc. Being paper, they are susceptible to water damage, and being torn off - however I've not had that happen to me or anyone else. They are also very easy to put on and the different colour coding helps ID the different privilege levels.

andy

they're the ones I was trying to find, they are actually very resilient to water damage, and bloody hard to tear off!!!

unless they're a different make, in which case I'll try and find out where the ones I've used in the past came from

ID&C all the way !!!!!!. Excellent service, and managed to help us out when an order went missing in the post from another company.

From experience of trying to defeat these type of wristbands (ID&C sent us some samples, simply to try to defeat!!!) we plumped with the fabrik ones, which are the most secure, and are the ones being used by most big feativals at the mo (till something even better comes along). The only down side, is that they are all custom printed, so you cant just keep a box of them just in case, like the old style plastic or tyvek bands.

If you want to do something different, you can get the tyvek bands in a4 sheets, and colour laser them yourself, to make them tailor made for each event / night of an event. A really cheap way, whiclst being secure at the same time.

If you want to do something different, you can get the tyvek bands in a4 sheets, and colour laser them yourself, to make them tailor made for each event / night of an event. A really cheap way, whiclst being secure at the same time.

Where have you seen the A4 sheets? They sound very useful.

I will give you a definate site tomorrow when im back at work, but I seem to remember it was an american site - we got a box of them shipped over. I thibk we got 400 sheets of 5 bands per sheet. Different colours no problem, and over christmas we had some silver ones for vip's.

Edit: seeing the usa prices, its cheaper to get any type of the plastic bands made over there, and shipped over !!. They have a load more 'off the shelf' designs available as well.

Thank you exchange rate !

Last night I was on stage at Butlins in Bognor and for all performers and visiting crew they give you wrist bands. This allows staff and security to know who you are and know that you have access to all areas of the site.

Whilst this is good. I felt that have a bright red thing on my wrist whilst performing on stage was a bit silly. I was tempted to make a point of it on the mic but couldn't be bothered.

our summer ball we always use these bandet wristbands from idc. Being paper, they are susceptible to water damage, and being torn off - however I've not had that happen to me or anyone else

Those aren't paper, they're Tyvek - it's a woven synthetic. It's the same material used to make FedEx envelopes and housewrap (it lets vapor through, but not liquid). No water damage, and it's near impossible to tear by hand. You see them all the time in the states as a form of bar control for 18+ events (since the drinking age is 21). That's probably why you haven't actually seen one being torn off or damaged.

My leedsfest fabric one (with metal crimp) was nigh on impossible to get off without scissors (free crate of beer I think if you've still got last year's wrist band on - my friend has, very sad!) even when I got home with a full engineering workshop! Definately impossible to remove without marking the crimp. Anybody know if it's just friction or is there a tooth that goes through the fabric?

I sometimes wonder hy these events don't think a bit more about how they tell crew and acts from public. I've seen far too many acts on tv now at live gigs where the talent, suitable made up and dressed by whoever their designer is, is wearing a scruffy paper (Tyvek) wrist band. I've been to one event where technicians got black wrist bands, which I thought was a spot of forward thinking for once!

What ever happened to the days of a UV pen mark on the back of your hand? Eh well!

Last night I was on stage at Butlins in Bognor and for all performers and visiting crew they give you wrist bands. This allows staff and security to know who you are and know that you have access to all areas of the site.

Whilst this is good. I felt that have a bright red thing on my wrist whilst performing on stage was a bit silly. I was tempted to make a point of it on the mic but couldn't be bothered.

Hi Rob, The next time you watch a festival or major gig on TV or live have a look at the artists wirsts...they will nearly always have some form of wristband on. If its good enough for them it should be good enough for Bognor!

Where have you seen the A4 sheets? They sound very useful.

Any luck with the website address?

Archived