AVD, MultiPlay

There's also a real problem in that it takes about 0.5s for the next cue to be lined up, and so it won't play in that time (so hitting two cues in rapid succession results in the second one not playing, but it is cued up and can be easily mistriggered).

Well, I use this on Windows 7 and love it (If only there was a Linux version).

Always use wavs.

Don't have a problem with time for cues to be lined up. Have done some quick fire duals lately and the SFXs (shots) were bang on.

Open your sound in an editor (like Audacity) and make sure there is no silent time before the sound starts.

Select start advance on the cue before.

Make sure you run it on a fast PC preferably with a solid-state drive.

Thanks

Open your sound in an editor (like Audacity) and make sure there is no silent time before the sound starts.

All cues are tightly trimmed (first thing I checked).

Don't have a problem with time for cues to be lined up.

I sorted the cue lock-out by changing a setting which I hadn't realised was there (there's a safety lock-out that is configured to prevent the next cue being lined up to play and it defaults to 500ms)

But there's still the latency issue, which many people seem to experience, and which doesn't appear with other audio software. It isn't a show stopper, but has proven frustrating for youngsters to handle.

Make sure you run it on a fast PC preferably with a solid-state drive.

I'm not sure we could get a faster computer without spending thousands. In terms of show use, MultiPlay seems to perform as well from a memory stick running on an ancient XP laptop as it does running on a RAM drive (much faster than SSD) on a 6-core 3.6GHz machine.

Always use wavs.

Our show machine is Windows 8, and it won't play WAV from MultiPlay (it will play them in every other audio application). I've not yet found a Win8 machine which will work - I always get "No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection" - yet MP3s play absolutely fine. So, until I find a fix for the WAV problem we're stuck with MP3s for the show machine (not a problem as MP3 is an excellent format if you encode properly) and WAVs for development and our backup machine.

But I don't have time to dig deeply into this, and so all show cue-file and sound plot development is done as WAVs and I've written software that then encodes them as 320kbps MP3 files, creates a modified show XML file, and ensures that the audio file path is correct for the machine it's being played on.I've also written a program to launch MultiPlay which ensures that the XML file is correct (it means that the whole show plus MultiPlay itself can be copied anywhere, and will locate the correct audio files and runs the show from an updated XML file).

MP3 problems with MultiPlay on Win7 etc - FIXED, and the problem identified!

It would appear that MultiPlay is very fussy over MP3 codecs. It needs an AC3 filter for DirectSound, which not all machines will have (or the AC3 filter has been circumvented).

My solution was to uninstall ALL codecs except the base Windows codecs - then I went to MSINFO32 and under COMPONENTS > MULTIMEDIA > AUDIO CODECS I found that there was no AC3 codec listed.

So I downloaded AC3FILTER (several sources for that online), although AC3ACM (as installed with K-lite Codec Pack) also works.

I stress that this was my solution, and has worked on every machines I've tried it on. I can't guarantee it'll work on anyone else's.

A permanent fix within the code should be relatively straightforward.

A permanent fix within the code should be relatively straightforward.

I'm not sure that David Duffy (the developer) is actively developing MultiPlay at the moment :)

A shame. At least I've found a workaround for the MP3 problem that saves having to work with WAV (which, at least for me, has proved not to be a practical workflow).

• 1 month later...
Finally, found a thread where this was discussed. Google was not my friend in this one. The bug with the mp3 was killing me, used all kind of codecs and all failed. Thanks to you all I finally have a workaround. Wav is going to be my friend this time.

• 5 months later...

Im not sure if anyone is even still following this thread anymore but:

Has anyone experienced problems with playing 480p videos?

ive got a few at 360p and they work fine, but of the three at 480p, one crashes the program, one plays the audio but not the visual, and one plays fine.

Any advice would be great, thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi everyone!! I really like the program and we are going to use it for a play next Friday! I red the pdf manual but I'm still struggling with some features. I need to leave black screens in between the videos but I don't know how to adjust the duration. The images only last a few seconds. We are using a projetor so we need them. My plan was to leave the images and trigger the videos with hotkeys.

I'd really apreciate some help. Thanks!

Oswald<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small;">

Archived