Tecpro beltpack call lamps

Biskit

Hi Guys,

I'm in need of some replacement call lamp bulbs for Canford Tecpro BP111 beltpacks, does anyone have an RS item number (or even Farnell, Maplin, CPC) to hand? I'm out on site so have no access to the paper catalogue and lets not even mention the online version!

As an aside, does anyone know of anyone (UK) selling second hand BP111s (no headsets, just beltpacks) at the moment?

Many thanks,

Ben.

Hi Guys,

I'm in need of some replacement call lamp bulbs for Canford Tecpro BP111 beltpacks, does anyone have an RS item number (or even Farnell, Maplin, CPC) to hand?

You could always try the Canford site...

Less than 5 minutes finds this page.

Any reason why they're not an option?

Graham beat me to it but I concur that changing to LEDs is a very worthwhile project for a quiet afternoon. The lamps used by Canford seem to blow with annoying regularity so a bit of time spent doing this once saves hours and pounds in the future.

Bob

Thanks guys for the quick responses! No particular reason why I didon't mention Canford themselves, apart from that I hadn't realised you can buy from them by debit/credit card (I don't have an account with them). Looks like that is my best bet for now, although they do seem expensive!

I had already considered the idea of changing to LEDs ultimately... what voltage rating LED have people found works successfully with these beltpacks?

Thanks again,

Ben.

• 2 years later...

Hey guys...sorry for starting this old thread back up or asking a question that may have been asked before, but would these (http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=6559766) be suitable for Tecpro beltpack call lamps? They are the same specs as one I just pulled out of a pack, but haven't seen anyone mention these even though they are the cheapest.

Cheers

Si

As for changing the lamps to LEDs if you look on the side of the switches you will see metal contacts of the lamp holder on the sides. Just tag onto them. Work for me for replacing the lamps and fitting strobes.

• 1 year later...

I have been replacing all the LEDs in my beltpacks and have found the following RS parts to work well.

LED 228-6010 and resistor 131-255. The switch designs vary so the connection of these components will need to be looked at for each type. But if you can identify the connection for the existing lamp, you will then just replace that with the led/resistor combo.

Me too..

If you don't have an RS account, try this LED and this resistor combination which is now inside all my beltpacks working very nicely.

Or if you can't be bothered with soldering and do have an RS account try This, I haven't tried it myself but it looks like a direct LED replacement for the standard filament lamp that goes in Canford/Tecpro beltpacks (24v 'wedge base 5mm' style)

It's a simple pleasure knowing that every beltpack I pick up now has a signal light that works every time...

Dicky

Dicky's post about LED replacement wedge LEDs for the Tecpro BP series interested me, so I ordered some, and they work fine. Such a simple idea I swapped 6 I had laying around with blown lamps.

There are a couple of minor issues - in that the plastic new ones are a tiny bit smaller, but it's easy to do the swap and a small 'adjustment'. For those people not quite sure about these things, I made a step by step video showing just how easy the job is!

Click here for a short video tutorial on replacing old, with new!

http://www.earsmedia.co.uk/bp111.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I've just done a few more, and the RS price has dropped quite a bit - CPC want £6.36 +VAT, but at the moment, RS is £4.02 +VAT - although the design has changed a tiny bit. The ones I did are all working fine two years on, so just got around to doing the others I leave in the venue!

Archived