EV Tour X

tolley1466

Tour x wedges are very nice to be honest, IMO. Particularly for the money.

as for the rest of the range in tourx I couldn't say, but generally you get a half decent honest answer in the specs EV give (and usually can get more than what they say you can).

where abouts are you based? maybe a demo could be arranged near you?

I'm afraid I don't know any tour x sellers / users in that particular area, its worth going to the Mitcham offices anyway me feels. They might have products there that are thought of 'randomly' on the spot, and they could dig them out.

• 1 year later...

Just to open this up again!.....

I am looking at the moment at the EV Tour X system with regards to purchasing.

The system configuration I was thinking of is as follows:

4 x TX2152 (2 each side)

4 x TX2181 (2 each side)

Not sure on the amp's at the moment but it won't be anything cheap! (any ideas ?)

This would be used from a range of small functions (where I would spit the system down) and larger events with a full band through it.

Any thoughts on this system are welcome!

Also if anybody in edinburgh has a system I wouldn't mind a demo!

thanks.

IIRC EV recomend 2 TX2181s for every TX2152. They look really nice but I haven't heard them yet.

..so they do, I hadn't noticed that.

Im going to try and arrange a demo at Red Dog music in edinburgh as they have them in stock, although it will be a reduced set up from my intended rig it will enable me to give them a listen to hear the quality!.

We have has the TourX for about 6 months now.

We have TX2181 subs paired with TX1152 Tops and it is a pretty awesome system. It has the EV sound good mid punch, can be a bit too much in the top for some applications, pretty good for speech as live music. Ours is currently powered off QSC and CREST but will be getting the Q series amps in the new year, along with new wedges, not so sold on the TX1152 wedge, the 12" version in my opinion is better, they are both around 500w and plenty loud enough.

You will never be running TourX rigs for 10,000 people, but it is pretty good for small to medium size events.

P.

We have has the TourX for about 6 months now.

We have TX2181 subs paired with TX1152 Tops and it is a pretty awesome system. It has the EV sound good mid punch, can be a bit too much in the top for some applications, pretty good for speech as live music. Ours is currently powered off QSC and CREST but will be getting the Q series amps in the new year, along with new wedges, not so sold on the TX1152 wedge, the 12" version in my opinion is better, they are both around 500w and plenty loud enough.

You will never be running TourX rigs for 10,000 people, but it is pretty good for small to medium size events.

P.

Thanks very much for your view on them. The QSC and the Q Series along with the XTI amps were the main ones I was looking at to drive them. Will have to make a decision when I have heard them at red dog soon!

A

Archived