CD Players

Tom

Is there a market for decent old CD players?I have five Denon DN-C110P Pro sitting in racks in our various studios that never get used. Just trying to work out if it's the worth the effort of stripping them out and trying to sell them.Ebay seems to only have unsold ones so where else might one flog them?

T

CD? How quaint...

But seriously - I wouldn’t think there’s a huge general market. I’m involved in community radio, and people like us would perhaps be interested (cos we have a tiny budget and go through lots of old players!) , but these things are so cheap these days that the second hand market is minimal

Last time I tried selling cd players and pro dvd players, they went for about AU$15 each. It took me just over 20 minutes to clean off all of the asset stickers, strike through the engraving and write them off the asset register - at my wage means it cost me to sell the units.

The main reason to sell them is to free up rack space and keep hardware out of land fill. You won't get much money for them. On Hi Fi websites LP turntables have a stronger market than CD players.

Thanks all. Pretty much what I thought. I really want to get them out of the racks because I’m fed up with people turning them on unnecessarily when they turn on the amps - I know I could just unplug them but it seems mad to have them sitting there like that.

I’ve noticed that there does seem to be a bit more of a market on eBay for home hifi CD players so maybe I’ll test the waters there.

Is there a market for decent old CD players?I have five Denon DN-C110P Pro sitting in racks in our various studios that never get used.  Just trying to work out if it's the worth the effort of stripping them out and trying to sell them.Ebay seems to only have unsold ones so where else might one flog them?T

Having just spoken with my local Hospital Radio, their view is they would happily have a donation for future use.

Archived