Spice girls sound

Dmx512

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other production credits are:

A half dozen of creatives... love this team... we can't wait to show it off.

Led by @ll71

Posed by @_paul_roberts

Shaped by @jasonsherwooddesign

Pixelled by @katemoross

Sparkled by @sladegabriella

Lit by @tim_routledge_lighting_design

From Tim Routledges company facebook

Plus Tom Young programming and operating.

But not heard anything on sound.

Edited by J Pearce

Don’t think much blame can be laid on the singers here. Playback tracks (whether backing or including vocals) should be clear(ish) across the audience.

I was being somewhat ironic, not blaming the singers... but it is by all accounts a very tricky venue, possibly not the best place to start with all the added pressures of first shows...

Don’t think much blame can be laid on the singers here. Playback tracks (whether backing or including vocals) should be clear(ish) across the audience.

I was being somewhat ironic, not blaming the singers... but it is by all accounts a very tricky venue, possibly not the best place to start with all the added pressures of first shows...

Ah gotcha, I missed the irony!

Almost seems like there should be “local experts” at these tricky venues, maybe with an obscure PA, weird placement etc to really get the best out of it. Then just have a touring FOH package. Maybe there is, just seems strange to think you can tour a PA that size and hope it works everywhere.

Almost seems like there should be “local experts” at these tricky venues, maybe with an obscure PA, weird placement etc to really get the best out of it. Then just have a touring FOH package. Maybe there is, just seems strange to think you can tour a PA that size and hope it works everywhere.

I've often thought we need an irony emoticon - the irony being there may well be one, but I haven't recognised it!

I am reminded of the PA at the Minack Theatre - a mixture of odd bits and pieces, rusty and sea-stained, but it works - every seat can hear.

Edited by andy_s

Some gigs seem to be so much like being in the Eurovision Song Contest. One of the names apologises for the bad sound meaning somebody is tarred for the rest of their career. If you sign up for a job, and do it, rather than walking before (which is also a bad thing for the CV) the result stays with you. Anything you say to deflect the blame will reflect right back. If the person in charge resigns or get sacked and the next gig is solid, then they were crap. If they stay with total support, and the next gig is a good one, the first bad one was still their fault. They cannot win and they cannot shake of the fact they were involved. Funny world we live in. A bit like being a football manager. You carry the can for the team playing badly, and once they start, you can't do a thing!

I've often thought we need an irony emoticon - the irony being there may well be one, but I haven't recognised it!

I am reminded of the PA at the Minack Theatre - a mixture of odd bits and pieces, rusty and sea-stained, but it works - every seat can hear.

FWIR at Minack the main seating pa is Bose as are the bits that get put in to fill from the wings with the Bose control system in the box. Subs are RCF.

Edited by alistermorton