out of date pyro

graemeftv

My neighbours used some for firework night. Including an effect that I not seen previously. A non electric strobe light.

An effect that once ignited, burnt with an alternating briliant white flare and an almost non-luminous flame. Flashed about once or twice a second for about a minute.

We have a fair bit in stock - keep some staples in the cupboard (TFM, silver stars, various gerbs) as they're a regular fare for dance schools and some stage school events and I get a top up when I order and that means we can be reactive on the day if punters want more (or don't decide til the last minute).

So we will have a box or two that will need to be used up.

I've run demo nights over the years - brought in some movers and effects and used such pyro stock as I have in - to show the hiring groups what they can have (if they pay) so I'm guessing I may need to do something again next year.

Check out Youtube for a range of Bengals/strobes including what they call rocket fired but look like cakes/mortars to me. I was hand firing for a mate when I first came across strobing Bengals and he failed to warn me to look away. There ensued a short but interesting episode of stumbling around with big blank bits where I once had vision. Like most display fireworks they look best over water or at water level on the far bank of a lake or pond.

There is an interesting clip of "Chinese White" strobe which I know nowt about .... YET!

For old theatre pyro Ynot's idea is a good one. You could set it up, make a showreel and use it to sell your facilities.

Edited by kerry davies