Zero 88 Diablo

Phosphene

Anyone in the UK got the USB-XLR/DMX lead that used to be supplied with Zero 88's Diablo desk that they would like to part with? (I have the desk and PSU in stock... just need the USB-DMX adaptor lead.) email cliff@phosphene.co.uk if you want to get rid of one! (cheaply!) Edited by Phosphene

Blimey. They're not cheap are they?

https://www.musik-produktiv.com/gb/zero-88-usb-cable-fuer-diablo.html

[E2A]

So it's an FTDI USB chip in an XLR connector which plugs into the DMX port on the Diablo.

An FTDI to RS485 lead can be had for around £30. The only issue will be setting the chip to the right VID and PID but there's a forum post on the Z88 forums saying what they should be so you could use the FTDI utilities to set them.

If Zero88 themselves can't help, my next port of call would be Ian Knight.

He's active on the forum so may be along himself soon.

I do indeed have a cable - Keith sourced it for me about 5 years ago & it lives with my 'slave' Diablo but I'm not eager to sell the cable to be honest. I never used the cable (nor ever had to show a customer hpw to use it) in all the time that Diablo was on sale to be honest. That being said - I know if I sold it, I'd need to use it for one of my customers.

If Zero88 themselves can't help, my next port of call would be Ian Knight.

He's active on the forum so may be along himself soon.

I do indeed have a cable - Keith sourced it for me about 5 years ago & it lives with my 'slave' Diablo but I'm not eager to sell the cable to be honest. I never used the cable (nor ever had to show a customer hpw to use it) in all the time that Diablo was on sale to be honest. That being said - I know if I sold it, I'd need to use it for one of my customers.

Yes, funny isn't it how they are like hens teeth. Thanks anyway.Cliff

Yes, funny isn't it how they are like hens teeth. Thanks anyway.Cliff

From a conversation I had with Keith at the time - they were never available in quantity as a spare, they bought what they needed for the production sales & for the US Chauvet version (I think they called it The Tiger) and that was it. Whether you'd have any luck on a US Tech based forum?