QLab Question for Funeral AV

I'm very new to QLab and looking to see if I can use it for a funeral service.

I'd like to have :

* A 'holding image' output to a screen (in this case a projector)* The ability to keep that image on screen while various music only tracks are played.* After the music tracks, I want to play a tribute video (MP4)* Once that video finishes, resume to the holding image* One final piece of audio.

Is that possible with QLab ? I currently use 2 x DVD players and a switcher, audio output via RCA to a portable speaker - not ideal.

Also, if someone at the last minute came up and wanted a DVD played amongst all that (and I had a laptop with DVD drive) - is it possible to import it in or play it via QLab ?

I used QLab for almost this exact purpose at a funeral service two weeks ago. Its all possible with some time spent programming. I'm not sure it would work playing from a DVD, I have never tried that, but I suspect that almost certainly it would need the file to be stored locally on your device or media drive.

Andrew

All was good (very easy, & without needing a licence) until you mentioned the last minute DVD!

No so simple to do that, but If you already have DVD player(s) sending one into the computer as a camera input should work. Or you could just use one DVD player & the laptop through the switcher.

There's some other suggestions here too.