Has anyone used LEAD BAR PIX5

mrleemtl

If so, please tell me what you think of them.

Are they easy to use, do they mix well, how is the coverage.

I'm looking for a cheap cyc solution from a local rental company, who has suggested these.

Not particularly convinced by the manual.

Thanks,

Lee

reference here: http://www.lc-group.ca/fr/shop/detail/93/flypage/3334?sef=hcfp

I think the photo on the website supplied of the orange and green beams sums it up..

Is a scalloped effect on the top or bottom of your cyc acceptable? It’s probably going to look “ok” in person but awful on video (cameras see light differently and pick up on subtle inconsistencies that the eye smooths out).

Basically it’s just lots of small adjacent pars...

How tall is your cyc?

Indeed, the pictures on the website are surprisingly...candid. Maybe some frost or silk would help a bit. Also, getting further away that you might normally choose for a cyc fixture may help.

Yes, the photo is certainly off-putting, but it is possible to program the bars so that all of the 'balls' are of the same color.

I need to do white, basically, of different hues, and also a small strobe effect.

I contacted the fabriquant today, and they assure me that each unit has a 30° spread up/down but also east/west from each edge of the fixture.

Looking at doing a very close downwash retro(probably) given my available positions.

I figure that from an actual distance between the fixture and the point of attack of approx. 2'2" I need at least 10.

No info however about the near vs far throw, no close/medium/long internal setup that I know about for the actual LED's diodes (as opposed to say, Dalis by Juliat .. (too expensive)).

I will possibly frost/silk them anyway,but I'm worried about a severe 'hotspot' where they contact the cyc, and nothing down below...

Thanks for your interest.

I would love to hear from someone who has actually used them.

Are they garbage, or decent?

mrlee

PS. 'Candid' cracked me up!

Love this site. People are very rapid with their responses. Cheers*

I think the photo on the website supplied of the orange and green beams sums it up..

Is a scalloped effect on the top or bottom of your cyc acceptable? It’s probably going to look “ok” in person but awful on video (cameras see light differently and pick up on subtle inconsistencies that the eye smooths out).

Basically it’s just lots of small adjacent pars...

How tall is your cyc?

Please see my other response.

I am washing a cyc 34' x 20' high, from a distance of about 2' away...

No video, just a live show.

I will try to attack the cyc above where the public can see it, so that the 'scallops', if there are, will be somewhat melded by the time they become visible.

However,

it certainly looks like some K-mart happy-time device, and the manual does not exactly reassure me.

Cheers,

mrlee

Local theatre has Altman Spectra Cyc units, I'd never heard of them but they are amazing, give lovely even wash from a few feet away. 8 units cover a 40ft stage. Having spent a lot of time previously trying to get a smooth light with battens I was impressed.