Light It In Red

Ynot

So how many of us will be lighting our venues red tomorrow night (Tues 11th)?

We did so for the last one, but this time it's likely to be MUCH bigger especially with the organised events around the country in major cities.

London being the biggest with techs registering to line the banks and bridges of the Thames along with landmarks and venues being lit red for the evening.

Our modest offering will be the front (and maybe rear also) of the Abbey Theatre in Nuneaton and as a community venue we have quite a few of our volunteers (not all of whom are techs) coming along for a socially distanced photo or three.

This is for raising the profile of the plight of pro techs in this industry, so let's get involved, guys....!!0kVoxs3.jpg[/img]

I lit my home largely in red, at least for outdoor lights and those indoor lamps that are noticeable from outside.

Mainly red LED "filament" lamps, about 20 used in outdoor mains voltage festoon, and a few in the bathroom, toilet, spare bedroom etc. Very similar to the "NHS blue" display in weeks gone by, but simply substituting red lamps for blue. These new coloured LED "filament" are very impressive and produced a striking effect for only 4 watts per lamp. Subjectively brighter than a 60 watt red coloured incandescent. Several brands are available, I favour those manufactured by BELL lighting.