nexo systems

The Boogie Man

:o Hi all, after the great response I had in the pub and club sound. I've been looking into the idea of upgrading my whole system to a nexo ps10 or 15.

Simple question if after spending nearly £5,000 :o or so am I realy going to get all wet and gooey when I hear one? :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Simple question if after spending nearly £5,000 :o or so am I realy going to get all wet and gooey when I hear one? :D
How about hiring one for a night to see how it differs from your existing setup?

I've been looking into the idea of upgrading my whole system to a nexo ps10 or 15.

We have a pair of Nexo PS10's (with sub-bass under stage) as our main house PA. I have to say we've been WELL impressed with the quality, especially the punch for the size of speaker cabs.

Tony

In a bid to protect the guilty....

I am just back from a consultancy for a client who installed Ps15 three years ago.

The system design (very small "s" and an even smaller "d") and installation company will remain nameless ... they do sound in tents apparently (oh so criptic.....) I'm kind of annoyed that such an well known bunch of half wits could come up with such a stupid expensive install.

My client's installation sounds bad. Its not what they have got... its they way it is being used.

PS15 with the horns rotated in landscape format flown two per side one above the other .. like some 2 box line array wannabe. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. what a stupid idea..... Fat thin fat thin. 100 50 100 50. You get my point? No? Then dont spend £5K untill you get it.

Listen... PS10 and PS15 ..... they are good BUT ... they are single box solutions. They DO NOT ARRAY. The HF horns are asymentric... 100degrees down below and 50degrees up above ..... put two boxes next to eachother and you end up with random combfiltereing mess and nonsense. Its rubbish. There are reasons for doing this Nexo Ps trick... I'll expalin it if you call me or PM me.... It only works with one box per side.

I help my client by turning half of the system off!!!! Less is more.

So go spend your money and buy Nexo Ps off some reseller that do not understand what they are selling or what you intend doing with it.

After all its only Pub sound....

Yes Boogie, providing you only "hear one" it will be fine.

Sorry to be so random. Its Friday and I'm Tired of people making money selling dreams and shipping sh1t

M

Hi Mark, thanx for the info. I must admit I'm a little puzzled as to why you think I would want to use a set of ps's as a line array. ( or were you just adding it as a fact? ) I could barely afford one set let alone two.

I'm coming to the conclusion that a jump to systems like this a bit like like going professional from a hobby, (sound wise)

But hey, It's all learning.

cheers

baz

Hi Mark, thanx for the info. I must admit I'm a little puzzled as to why you think I would want to use a set of ps's as a line array. ( or were you just adding it as a fact? )

You know, I was wondering that myself...... :D

He's saying that yes, you can get them, but don't try and put two per side or whatever in order to try and get a louder sound (if you ever do have the option in the future). Because if you do, it won't work well.

Message was a passionate one Mark! :D

So one per side on a stick or flown is better.

When he was talking about Line Array wannabes, he was referring to his client's installation which was created by a certain company :o

Are you looking for bass bins too or just a pair of tops?

What sort of music / performance is amplified through it?

He did say he was tired :o

But it was still an interesting point. I'm only now starting to get my head round dispersion. ( just ) Dont know what combfiltering is though. Something to do with the sound waves passing through each other? :D

baz

cheers Mr si, wasn't being negative about marks post. it just seemed a little left field. and right over my head :o

I'm over the moon that people are prepared to give up their time to reply.

I'm not sure about whether I'd have to have bins, I've got a set of celestion 400w per side 15" running off a matrix 1300,

but there only gettng everything below 120htz. which I dont have a lot of. If you have a quick look here you'll see the style and sound and why I need big power but in small places. http://www.mrriff.com/secondary%20pages/video%20page.htm

It's a one man solo act usually in small places, but the crowd keep going rock show crazy. ( carnt knock it, but thats the problem.)

baz

Yes Si has it right

And Yes I am tired!

Sorry Baz. The install I visited today had pairs of Ps15s flown above eachother as I described in the "line array wannabe" comment. I was not suggesting you were going to do it ;-)

Comb filtering..... and dispersion... come on my basic acoustics course and keep your money in your pocket untill you get your head around it. Just one day out of your life.

Nite all

I need to sleep. I have to teach a new client M7CL for our lastest Bristol install tomorrow and I have to get out of this mood where all I want to do is shout at people!

M

Archived