Small mixer for connection to Mac

Stutwo

Hi,

I tried the search facility but couldnt narrow it down enough to get an answer, so apologies if this has been covered.

Can anyone suggest a small mixer to connect to a Mac for a music facility we're kitting out in college. I had access to a Yamaha 01X, but it's proving to be mind-boggling tricky to get the students to learn how to use it. We only need a maximum of 6 mic inputs and it would be handy if it would interface with Logic Pro. The simpler the better really. The Mac is a PowerMac G5 dual 2.7ghz with 2.5gigs RAM so should be easily capable of handling whatever I can throw at it.

Many Thanks for any help!

Thanks for the suggestion, but I notice it doesnt have any kind of Firewire/USB connection. I'm guessing I would need some kind of extra soundcard interface for the Mac for this to work?

Or use a midi console. THey do not actually mix, but rather interface with music software. The faders on any decent midi console are motorised, so changes to the mix in software are reflected in hardware (and vice versa).

If you can afford it, my all time favorite surface is This One. It is most definately not the cheapest, but it is very versatile. A CHEAP midi interface that runs from the game port and has 1 midi in and 1 out costs about AU$15 - chickens feed. A decent midi controler for say 8 in/out is about au$300.

I have a rather soft spot for midi.

Archived