Nexo PS10 R2 and LS600 Amps

Gooders

Hi,

I'm looking at buying some second hand Nexo PS10s R2 and an LS600 sub, they come with controller but no amps.

At the moment I am looking at buying a QSC GX7 for the PS10s as I can buy one online for about £450 and it os 725w per channel. You can't run it in bridge mode so I am a bit stuck on the LS600.

I don't have a massive budget (about £800 to £900 for both) but am happy to buy second hand. Also not sure if I should look at a different manufacture Yamaha / Crown etc...

Also light would be nice and they are going to be used for theatre work and will be in the hall so need to run fairly quite.

Thanks,

The NexoS10 R2 are rated at 1200 RMS per speaker. They are 8ohm cabs The QSC amp seems to be under power for these speakers. I own 6 x PS10 R1 speakers plus the LS500 subs. I reckon they always sound better when driven harder. Have you had a look at second hand Crown Amps, or just to get you going some Amps from Thomann? The T-amp4000 seems to have good reviews and the specs seem very generous for the price tag. These amps will give you 1500wRMS at 4ohms, still not quite enough for the subs, but should suffice for the tops.

Someone else will be along soon with more (maybe better) options in a bit I'm sure.

The controller is there to make sure you get the best out of the amplifier, no matter what model it is.

Taking that into account, you want to make sure you have plenty of headroom in the amp. The worst thing you can do is send a clipped amp into the sense feed of the TD controller. That will cause the system to protect quite severely.

For that reason I would agree with the above. Go for a high power "budget" amp, and upgrade later when you can.

The thomann amps do have a good rep, and I hate myself for saying this, the B**ringers do a good job in this application.

A couple of iNukes (NU12000 for the PS and and a NU3000 bridged for the LS600) should see you well and will just slip into your budget.

That's a suggestion, not a manufacturer recommendation by the way ;)

Thanks I certainly don't want them to be under powered.

I used to have quite a lot of B....er tuff over the years and it always worked well. Do you know if the audio quality it up to? I want something that sounds good and it up to the job. If I need to save up a bit then thats also fine.

Well, audio quality of pretty much any amp is ok, as long as you're running within its capacity. The TD controller adjusts the response of the input signal to the processor, depending on what it's measuring from the Sense output. So the amp is always putting out what your Nexo speaker needs to receive.

Archived