Thomann delivery times

steb

Obviously it can depend on individual circumstances but if anyone has ordered in stock items recently, what has been the average delivery time?

I ordered a few small in stock items two weeks ago and they were send out the day after I ordered, still not received them. Thomann won't do anything until another 3 days, im waiting on response of DHL.

I need to put another small order in today hopefully to receive by next Friday, all items are in stock I just wondered what your average delivery time has been?

I need to put another small order in today hopefully to receive by next Friday, all items are in stock I just wondered what your average delivery time has been?

I order from them quite a lot and normally get the stuff within three working days; recently I ordered a couple of LED Pars and a massive stock of lamps and that took more like 5 days. It very much depends how big the parcel is; if in doubt you can phone up their international sales rep and ask, I've found them quite helpful in the past. I'd have thought that ordering today for next Friday would be fine unless you're ordering something really quite big.

Ollie

I've had extrememly variable delivery performance from Thomann. Orders are almost universally sent out next business day, on occasions even same day. I've not had a problem with delays this year. Not-in-stock items can vary wildly, from 3 days to 3 months(!), although the latter case was related to a manufacturer mess-up and not really their fault.

From my experience, 3 working days from dispatch is a bit optimistic.

If I order on a Monday or Tuesday, I almost always get my shipment early the following week- Monday or Tuesday.

The new order tracking system makes this much more transparent.

Once dispatched, 7-8 elapsed days, using DHL. 5 working days, basically.

It generally takes them 1 day to get it to the DHL international shipment centre in Cologne.

It then takes a further 2-3 days to get it to the UK.

It takes an additional day to get it moved to my DHL local delivery office in High Wycombe.

It then gets delivered by noon that day.

Worst Case:

If you order today, items should be dispatched tomorrow.

Worst case DHL does nothing over the weekend (this is Germany, after all, they don't do 24/7 commerce there).

Arrives Cologne Tuesday.

Arrives UK Thursday (shouldn't take more than 2 days during the working week).

Arrives local dispatch centre Friday.

OK for dispatch Friday or Monday.

Remember it's not a _Guaranteed_ service.

If you absolutely _need_ it before next weekend you should probably put a note in your order for the customer rep. Speak to your international sales rep, they really are very helpful- just remeber they work German business hours (don't bother trying after 4pm UK time) and aren't around for lunch, either.

We order quite a lot as well and to be honest it's normally 3 days. Don't think I have ever had anything take more than 5 days and we're based in Scotland.

Normally they send e-mails / txt messages with updates on when your order has been recieved and when it has been shipped.

Anything that is not in stock can take up to a month to get in. I have cancelled orders before because of the time it will take and ordered elsewhere.

Best option is to phone them and just say you need it ASAP. They have been great in the past with us and kept in regular contact.

Order Sunday, delivery Tuesday - Order Monday, come Wednesday - although virtually all of my Thomann supplies come via Parcelforce. Most of the stuff I order is the kind of boxes one man can carry - just. Not sure if this helps - but my deliveries are always quick.

I suspect it depends on the courier, and where you are in the country.

I've not generally not ordered things that fit in small, parcel-sized boxes or jiffy bags from them. My times are for DHL shipments, sometimes quite bulky ones (rack cases, for instance), but nothing with an item weight of over 15Kg.

I wonder if deliveries to the southeast take longer than to Scotland because stuff for London and the environs goes by truck but items for north of some cutoff line go by air freight? Might be interesting to see people's tracking info for a small order.

Dirk

Not-in-stock items can vary wildly, from 3 days to 3 months(!)

That depends on the product, usually. At component level, a lot of factory machines are programmed to do a specific job, and then re-programmed to do a different job (make a differnt component). It's not unusual for some electronic components to have a 16 week lead (delivery) time. A factory will manufacture a single product, until desired stocks have been achieved by the planners, then the factory changes the tooling to make the next product.

Changing tooling costs money, as there is 'down time' as the machines are reconfigured.

It's then up to the equipment manufacturers to ensure they have adequate stocks of all the components for their current production runs, weather a Behringer Comp or a Midas XYZ <_<

Make a simple mistake in this (production planning) process, then yes, you could quite easily wait 3 months for delivery :(

Archived