150w-200w small speakers?

lonfire

Hi,

I've been asked to install a PA in a pub for their open mic night (mainly old men with guitars singing).. they want something simple and something that can be used for small discos also.. the pub is very small.. we are talking max capacity of about 30-40 people..

I was looking at the calsbro gamma series.. perhaps a pair of them.. they need to be wall mounted and not top hats.. the pub has a low ceiling.. real old mans English pub..

I was thinking of putting in a small behringer desk and an amp or powered speakers.. but I think the desk would be too complicated so am now looking at one of the those behringer mixer amps.. they need around 6 channels either mics or line in's for guitars..

any thoughts.. was thinking of putting an ultracurve in also to limit feedback problems as the space is quite tight..

thanks

chris

Hi Chris,

Maybe look at "the Box" range of powered speakers on www.thomann.de

There is a PA110A or PA302A, 10 & 12" respectively.

I recently bought a PA302A for a church hall. They use it for meetings mainly with a wired Sennheiser e835, sometimes with both a dynamic and wireless. For this operation I goth them a UB802 behringer mixer. Does the job well.

I mounted it on the wall with a very well mae top-hat bracket from Maplin.

Worth a look...takes the hassle of lugging a heavy mixer-amp, or a mixer and amp around.

Regards,

Dara.

the 12" is currently 183stg, 10" is 114stg.

Both accept mic and line input-one at a time tho. Master vol and bass/treble control.

Archived