Chamsys vs Media Master Artnet Merge

Manuel1975

Hi!

Id Like to merge some artnet universes generated by Mediamaster on one laptop with some universes on my Chamsys MagicQ laptop. Id have to hook the laptops up with a switch I guest!? My first basic question is: Is it possible to merge Incomming Artnet universes from an other source with-in Chamsys MagicQ?

Kind regards,

Manuel

Indeed it is!

I'm guessing if you're talking about outputting Artnet *from* mediamaster, then its the LED DMX output you're merging in. You'll need to setup the DMX I/O page in MagicQ to input from the relevant artnet universes from MediaMaster. Then in your "Patch" window, in the very right hand column, you can setup how you wish to merge the data for that fixture.

To expand on the artnet setup for a basic configuration of one LED pixel:

Set the artnet output for the LED from MediaMaster to be Universe 2-001

Set the artnet output for the LED from MagicQ to respond to Artnet Universe 1-001

In MagicQ, for the DMX Universe 1, setup:

DMX output - Artnet 1 . DMX Input Artnet 2

In the patch in MagicQ, patch your fixture to be at MagicQ Universe 1-001. You should be able to control this as normal from MagicQ.

Then in the patch view, go to the end and select whichever merge mode you want (Have a look in the manual for explanation of each of these). The "from" field should match the same address (1-001). You should now be able to control the LED from media master also!

Hopefully that makes sense. You do have to pay attention to the way you have the artnet universes configured, as if you end up with MagicQ and MediaMaster outputting on the same artnet universe, it'll go all very flickery!

Hey Wol,

Should I be able to see the data comming from MM in the Magicq output window? Offcourse it does show the Magicq output... But I can't seem to get the output window to show the MM output so I can't check if the merge is working...

Btw: I'm merging simple dimmers and not Rgb pixels but I assume this does not change anything in the settings right!?

Kind regards,

Manuel

As far as I remember, the output window shows the output from the MagicQ engine. This output then has the merge applied to it, so you won't see the merged outputs in there.

However it is currently 4am, so I can't 100% trust my memory to not get that mixed up with something else which I know doesn't get shown in the outputs window!

Archived