Studio Manager and 01V96 V2

Wrhector

I am trying to connect a Yamaha 01V96 V2 to Studio Manager on a PC. I have tried 2 different version of the software; one on the disk which came with it and the latest version off their site. I have also tried on several PC's; both XP (not x64). Also this is my first time with digital mixers (Doesn't help <_< )

I plug it in; windows pops up and I install drivers; reboot. I open up studio manager, Select the desk on the first tab; go to the midi tab and there are a whole load of channels there.

Now this seems too simple just to open it up and it to work; because it doesn't.

Do I have to change something on the desk? I went into some settings and changed the studio manager to USB and tried changing the console id (updating the Studio Manager as well).

When I Right click, synchronize it just waits for a moment and says failed.

I am sure that there is a step I am missing; the software and the desk instruction manuals seem unclear on the topic, and I have read through it several times.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or state the obvious :welcome:

Thanks.

Ive never done it with an 01V96, I think its a bit different with the LS9's M7CL's etc as you have to use DME-N drivers but google found this....

http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/pa/eng...rs/DM1000E2.pdf

Hmm, as I remember when I went into system setup nothing was available in the drop down for selecting the input and output. I'm not at the desk right now but will be in an hour or so; there is no Internet on it.

I don't have to change anything on the console do I?

On the 01V96 you have to manually select ports on both the console and the computer.

On the mixer, find the "MIDI to Host Setup Menu" and select "USB 1 1" (if you're using USB, otherwise serial or whatever).

Make sure you install the Yamaha USB driver on your PC as well as the Studio Manager itself. Once you have this, the Yamaha USB driver should be a selectable in the drop down menu.

The installation guide that starsky posted goes through all this in detail and, if you work through it in order, it should work.

Bob

I remember changing this to USB (I grabbed this pic from the manual):

http://tclsite.net/29-06-2009%2013-43-12.png

When I plugged the desk in it only asked for drivers for USB to MIDI; are they the right ones?

I installed studio manger then the 01v96 editor.

On the Desk

- Set Studio manager port to USB (1 - 1)

On the Computer

- Install Studio Manager

- Install 01v96 Editor

- Plug Desk in

- Install USB Midi Driver

- Run Studio Manager

(Setup window appears)

- on the [Modify Workspaces] tab [ADD] device 01v96 to your workspace

- on the [MIDI PORTS] tab select the input ports and output ports you selected on the desk (1-1)

- click OK (you might want to save this as a standard studio manager config)

- double click the 01v96 editor icon

- in [file] [system Setup] [input port] select YAMAHA USB MIDI (1)

- in [file] [system Setup] [output port] select YAMAHA USB MIDI (1)

- check console device ID is (1) and all other boxes are ticked

- click [OK]

James

if this doesn't work - tell us at what point the options deviate from what I've listed.

- It might also be worth checking what versions of

desk

- console software (on the battery page)

pc

- studio manager

- 01v96 editor

- USB MIDI driver

you have installed

Good Luck

James

• 10 months later...
On the Desk

On the Computer

- Install Studio Manager

- Install 01v96 Editor

- Plug Desk in

- Run Studio Manager

(Setup window appears)

- on the [MIDI PORTS] tab select the input ports and output ports you selected on the desk (1-1)

- click [OK]

James

if this doesn't work - tell us at what point the options deviate from what I've listed.

desk

pc

- studio manager

- 01v96 editor

- USB MIDI driver

you have installed

Good Luck

James

Hi James,

I have downloaded all the latest versions of files associated with the 01V96 version 2, and am having the same problems as Wrhector.

In Studio Manager under the [MIDI PORTS] tab, there are no input ports and output ports to select that compare to the desk. Rather, there is a list of 01V96 1, 01V96 2, all the way up to 01V96 8 under both input ports and output ports. Then there is also my soundcard under output ports. When I select any of them, and click apply, a message pops up saying that the selected ports cannot be opened at this time.

In 01v96 editor, there is nothing to select from the list under [insert port] and [output port].

I am running Windows7 64bit, and have downloaded and installed all the files for this version.

I have also tried connecting with a Windows XP laptop, and am having the same problems.

I have selected USB port 1-1 on the the desk for studio manager port.

Could it be the version of firmware on my 01V96?

Is there some way to revert back to version 1? Maybe that would correct the problem.

Thanks!

On the Desk

On the Computer

- Install Studio Manager

- Install 01v96 Editor

- Plug Desk in

- Run Studio Manager

(Setup window appears)

- click [OK]

James

desk

pc

- studio manager

- 01v96 editor

- USB MIDI driver

you have installed

Good Luck

James

Hi James,

I have downloaded all the latest versions of files associated with the 01V96 version 2, and am having the same problems as Wrhector.

In Studio Manager under the [MIDI PORTS] tab, there are no input ports and output ports to select that compare to the desk. Rather, there is a list of 01V96 1, 01V96 2, all the way up to 01V96 8 under both input ports and output ports. Then there is also my soundcard under output ports. When I select any of them, and click apply, a message pops up saying that the selected ports cannot be opened at this time.

In 01v96 editor, there is nothing to select from the list under [insert port] and [output port].

I am running Windows7 64bit, and have downloaded and installed all the files for this version.

I have also tried connecting with a Windows XP laptop, and am having the same problems.

I have selected USB port 1-1 on the the desk for studio manager port.

Could it be the version of firmware on my 01V96?

Is there some way to revert back to version 1? Maybe that would correct the problem.

Thanks!

Hi James

I've been using a Win7 64bit Laptop recently with Studio Manager and the 01v96.

I'm sure you have already checked this but...

1) Have you downloaded and installed the 64bit USB/MIDI drivers? (I don't think you will have any luck with the 32 bit versions)

http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/downloads/fi...er/usb_x64.html

I think I had to do a full restart before the new drivers took effect.

(Shut down laptop - disconnect 01v96 - restart - once booted connect 01v96 to a different USB port to one you might have used previously)

You say in your post

struggling to connect my 01V96 to my laptop to my mixer

This confuses me slightly – please can you explain exactly what you are doing – What is your mixer? Are you recording? Live? Theatre? Band? Do you have any I/o cards? etc???

In Studio Manager under the [MIDI PORTS] tab, there are no input ports and output ports to select that compare to the desk. Rather, there is a list of 01V96 1, 01V96 2, all the way up to 01V96 8 under both input ports and output p orts. Then there is also my soundcard under output ports. When I select any of them, and click apply, a message pops up saying that the selected ports cannot be opened at this time.

The list of 01v96 1 to 8 are more or less what I would expect to see at this point. I would select 1 and 1 (in a basic simple setup)

If the “port cannot be opened at this time” I would check (in no specific order)

a) Are any other applications using this midi port (is it locked out

b) Has the USB/Midi Driver been installed correctly (64bit / 32 bit etc...)

c) Does the version of the USB Midi Driver match the version of the firmware of the desk ...

d) Etc...

In terms of reverting to version 1 – that will not help at all (even if it was possible) Version 1 used a completely different suite of software to communicate – It didn’t use the consistent Studio Manager environment so you would have to find versions of all the other software elements to get that to work!

Other basic questions

What firmware version of the desk are you using (number in the bottom corner of the screen of [utility] [battery])

What version of the USB Midi Driver are you using?

What version of Studio Manager did you install

What version of the 01v96 Editor did you install?

Good Luck

James

Archived