Cheap gobo lights from Ikea

Thirdtap

'lo

Visited Ikea recently and saw this

ISBRYTARE spotlight

There was another lamp called Korelin I think but can't find any information

For around £25 a lamp that you can use for gobos. Now I know that these won't replace the lanterns we currently use but they might be useful for atmospherics.

Now I wonder if DHA will be able to supply custom gobos?

cool, I'll get myself down ikea cause I could do with some of those

knowing how much dha charge for the gecko projectors or how much you can pay for a similar rigged birdie.

we have some opti gobo pro's for the same kinda effect, but they are a pain in the arse to rig (come in too many parts) very heavy for not a lot of light output.

have a few of these about my house and elsewhere nowadays.

great deal includes 4 dichro colours, shows there is good dichro colour and low cost dichro colour.

Real leafed iris

Shutters

Few simple gobos, lines , squares , circles, moose etc

Other size gobo and tin snips would cure any size mismatch.

Couple of textured glass breakups.

50W 12V MR16 integral transformer dims quite happily.

Quite a lot of spill light , cured with stapled tube of very deep gel in contrasting colour simply slid over lens rails.

There a bit fragile for trucking about, but installed are pretty trouble free. Bit lower cost,about 10% of price, than the Times Square mini profiles have used in past.

Terralec (!) are currently doing this for a penny less than a tenner - I'm thinking about getting one to have around to use with my Birdies. They take Size D gobos if anyone is interested...

A cool thing to have about I say! :)

Stu

Terralec (!) are currently doing this for a penny less than a tenner

Well unless I am missing something, which I may very well be, on the terralec website (which is 1000 times bigger than I remember it) I can only find two similar products one for £39 and one for £69.....

Can you point out where the £9.99 bargain is....

Paul...

Hi Paul

Its under Stage Lighting on the online shop, and it's stock number is GOBO-16A.

http://216.71.107.24/WEB%20STAGE%20LIGHTING/GOBO-16A.JPG

Gobo holder for PAR16 fittings (low or mains voltage types). The holder will accept standard "D" gobos 53.3mm in diameter. Aluminium colour

HTH

Stu

• 5 years later...

Some light thread necromancy. For anyone visiting this thread for the first time, I can't find the lamp on the Ikea website any more, so they might not sell it still, sorry.

ISBRYTARE spotlight

For around £25 a lamp that you can use for gobos. Now I know that these won't replace the lanterns we currently use but they might be useful for atmospherics.

Other size gobo and tin snips would cure any size mismatch.

Did anyone ever use standard DHA or similar gobos in one of these? Did it work alright/what size did you use. So far I've only measured the OD of the supplied ones, which is 50mm, I've not checked which bit of the image is visible. 50mm equates to a D size, with a little bit of cutting, but they dont' seem to be too well stocked, has anyone tried cutting down an M to fit or notching appropriately?

Some light thread necromancy. For anyone visiting this thread for the first time, I can't find the lamp on the Ikea website any more, so they might not sell it still, sorry.

Regarding "Isbrytare" spot, I have asked Ikea, and it is _regrettfully_ discontinued. Saw it last time at a Swedish Ikea store in 2008.

'lo

ISBRYTARE spotlight

I bought one of these a few years ago and had vicky from GoboLand do a custom gobo size for us with our company logo. Cost us something like 40 quid for the gobo.

Just tell them how big it needs to be and they do the rest!

Hth,

Dunc

Regarding "Isbrytare" spot, I have asked Ikea, and it is _regrettfully_ discontinued. Saw it last time at a Swedish Ikea store in 2008.

If anyone's interested, I have two pristine (unused & still in box, complete with all original accessories) Isbrytares sat at home (in South Manchester). I bought them a couple of years ago. I'm never going to get round to putting them up, so if anyone wants to make me an offer before I ebay them, feel free to PM me.

Archived