T-Mobile Karaoke

wibwob

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here has any details on the recent T-Mobile event in Trafalgar Square.

Curious about the amount of Handheld radio mics used, I saw one with the number 59 on it!!

Did the hire company manage to retrieve all the radio mics after the gig?

Cheers

J

Some of the microphones had quite large, clear markings on (tape with numbers all around them).... other's were completely blank.

One might make the educated guess that only the ones with the markings on were live... Notice how in the advert the only people 'featured' (as in you can actually hear them!) have one of those heavily marked microphones, not one of the blank ones ...

or maybe I've over anaylsed this.

Simon

PS: and posted too slow... the definitive answer above!

It's an advert, it's as real as hundreds of commuters doing identical dance without being choreographed.

Everyone using radio microphones professionally knows how many can run together at the same time.

It's a good ad, but it's TV, not special science!

Having recently been filmed for one of those T-Mobile Adverts. (Drakes Circus Plymouth) I wasn't given any instructions. It wasn't that hard to pick up the dance moves. There were however, a few seed dancers in the crowd.

Josh

T-Mobile say there were 2000!

Could I suggest that any figures for equipment should be taken with a pinch of salt until we get a citation from somebody who really knows - so that would be one of the companies who provided kit, or JFMG - but without any qualification on the figures it's a bit silly really!

T-Mobile say there were 2000!

Could I suggest that any figures for equipment should be taken with a pinch of salt until we get a citation from somebody who really knows - so that would be one of the companies who provided kit, or JFMG - but without any qualification on the figures it's a bit silly really!

My figure comes directly from someone who did the audio on the job as I suspect does Ben's.

I have also seen a photo of the 80 dual channel receiver racks and desks.

It is an accurate figure.

Cheers,

Peter

160 Radio Mics.

5 Yamaha PM5D's

Close but not quite..

2 x Pm1d `s

2 x pm5d`s

1 x M7cl as sub mix desk

160 handhelds

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6336/20800200.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5502/44763473.jpg

and a muddle of Yamaha`s ( don`t know what a collective noun of `em is!)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/163/31718867.jpg

all through bss active spilts, with ADAT out to backup recording system alongside usual Protools malarky.

I thought it was a joke when the words "2000" mics were being used . But luckily it was only 160 ... phew!

.p.

Archived