Jem K1 Hazer

stevendrums24

Has anyone used the Jem K1 hazer yet.

If so how does it compare to its Unique 1 and 2 rivals?

Is it any match to the DF50?

I used one the other day, Haze seemed very nice and thin. display seemed simple to use, no need for the manual. They do seem very large for a hazer, compared to the Uniques.

I still like my Smoke Factory Tour Hazer, smaller, built in to a case and has nice haze.

Im not sure you can compare to DF50s as they make a diffrent type of haze.

Pete

Thanks for the reply.

So how does the K1 compare to the Uniques?

The reason for asking is because I am after a new hazer because my Jem Technohaze is, well, naff. It only works well if there is no ventilation of any sort in the venue. I have been thinking of ways to make it more efficient but I have failed. Has anybody got any suggestion in how I can make it more efficient of is the answer buy a proppa hazer.

Thanks very much

Steve

I have just put another new one in today, (Qudos have lots on hire from HSL) and again I was impressed by the very fine output. I will be able to say how they hold out over a show run in 6 weeks!.

I think It would be a good buy, but ive not seen a price!

I would say there better than a unique, but again a unique is very good for the price so if the K1s are simler then go for it!

Go and see your local qudos panto and you will see what the haze is like!!!

Pete

The K1 Hazer retails at £1120 in cardboard so it will push your budget, I'm sure you could get a great deal if you talk to your friendly Martin Dealer. While the K1 initially seems out of your price range it is worth taking into account that the fluid consumption of this product is far lower than our previous hazers so the cost of running the unit is less, in the long term. If the K1 is too much for you and you are looking for a direct replacement for your technohaze then I would also reccommend looking at the Magnum 2500Hz. It is a similar product to the technohaze but buitl around the new, more reliable Magnum platform. This product retails at £419.

HTH

Thanks for the reply. I looked on AC lightings list and they say the RRP is £999. However I would like to compare to see which is best. I do like the easily servicablilty of the K1 and the fact that its fulid consumption is very small. I would like to compare a K1 against the Unique 2 and possibly the Swefog Intellahazer. But the problem is getting a comparision and then not getting hassled a year after I have bought one, I know what sales men are like.

In the mean time I could do with getting the technohaze to be a bit more efficient. Any suggestions people? Or is it simply, buy a propper hazer?

Thanks very much

• 4 months later...
Thanks for the reply. I looked on AC lightings list and they say the RRP is £999. However I would like to compare to see which is best. I do like the easily servicablilty of the K1 and the fact that its fulid consumption is very small. I would like to compare a K1 against the Unique 2 and possibly the Swefog Intellahazer. But the problem is getting a comparision and then not getting hassled a year after I have bought one, I know what sales men are like.

In the mean time I could do with getting the technohaze to be a bit more efficient. Any suggestions people? Or is it simply, buy a propper hazer?

Thanks very much

Do you maybe look for LE MAITRE MVS or STAR hazer. I use MVS for two years and it work`s great, small size, great output and very low

consumption of liquid.

I think that is also cheaper than JEM.

• 6 months later...

It seems a while since anyone has added to this thread, but as we are all told to search :P I thought I'd ask if anyone else has used a K1 that would like to share their experiences...

What size venues are you using them in?

Do they have much chance on a small outside stage (8 wheel freight truck)?

Do they rate well compared with other hazers, in particular the smaller Martin/Jem ones?

Thanks,

Jeremy

• 1 year later...

bump and grave dig :)

how does the K1 compare to the Unique 2.1?

im purchasing soon...the K1 is 100 euro more expensive and is ALOT heavier. But doesnt drink as much fluid as the unique 2.1

How's the haze quality? does it hang longer? is it more transparant?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Just realised that at some point in my uninformed past I have said that k1s are good. I would like change that and point out that there awful! Haze is bad, hang time is short and there randomly big!

If you can't get a DF50 it's got to be le matire MVS or neutron star!

Pete

(on tour with 2 k1s)

Just realised that at some point in my uninformed past I have said that k1s are good. I would like change that and point out that there awful! Haze is bad, hang time is short and there randomly big!

If you can't get a DF50 it's got to be le matire MVS or neutron star!

Pete

(on tour with 2 k1s)

what fluid are you using, and what type of venue just out of interest?

They are certainly big but I've used them quite a bit on outdoor stages and they are very good for that, better than an oil cracker. Hang time not really an issue there though.

Archived