Small (CHEAP) 4ch DMX dimmer stand mounted

SceneMaster

Hi does anyone know a good small 4ch dimmer which is cheaper than £60 which I I know is asking a lot but money is tight. My current dimmers are MultiDim (showtec) which is £79 inc vat (I think). Maby this is the cheapest I am going to pay for a decent dimmer pack and any less would be not worth it. The MultiDims are very reliable and have never failed. :** laughs out loud **:

I don't think your going to find anything else much cheaper out there! I've looked round quite a few sites in my time and those little dimmers are always the cheapest I've come across!

Stu

I think multiDIMs really are the best way to go with that, you can get cheaper ones, a £60 soundlab one springs to mind, from CPC I think. while these are cheaper I wouldnt recomend them, for the extra £20 you'll get, like you say, a much better dimmer.

btw, any problems with your multidims? its just im thinking of investing in a few soon and it's good to hear from soemone whos already bought some...

I have no problem with my multi-dims. There have not even been any fuses blow on them (I think) and I had some of them for about 2 years now with constant extensive loads on them from P56s on stands to 500-650watt profiles and frensels on trussing (more like gym equipment, but hey :** laughs out loud **: ) (ok 500-650watt is not heavy loading but if constantly being riged transported by people who chuck them arround (not me) you would expect somthing to come loose or a fuse to blow) Long story short very good value for money although the fact that there IEC output somtimes gets on your NERVES as those plugs are so fiddly to change. (solution creat IEC to 15amp adapt lead and don't tell the pat testers when using them in school :** laughs out loud **: )

Hope this helps.

Plus you don't need to buy the IEC plugs as it comes with 4 anyway. (well the terralec ones did and I persum they were put in the box but the manufacture) Be sure to buy showtec although it shoudn't make much diffrence as other brands are the same unit. :** laughs out loud **:

(solution creat IEC to 15amp adapt lead and don't tel the pat testers when using them in school :** laughs out loud **: )

Tutt tutt... I'm sure it doesnt need saying, but all adaptor leads carrying mains voltage should be PAT tested.

Is there any reason why an IEC to 15A shouldnt pass? As we have some which need a test, for our pulsar minipacs (going back OT :** laughs out loud **: ) These have some nice features such as local control on the dimmer for aplicaions where a desk isnt necessary, and a "soft start" type function if there are channels on when you plug them in. Think these are out of your budget though.

Archived