Strand 200 Backup Battery

johnb

My Strand 200 decided to play dead last time it was out to be used. It looks like the internal fuse has gone. But while I've got it open I want to replace the backup battery which has been dead for a long time.

The battery itself is a stack of cells making up a 3.6 Ni-Mh on flying leads that plug into the main board. I've been through my CPC catalogue to try and find a replacement and can find PCB mount or cordless phone batteries that appear to be about the right spec, but nothing exactly right.

The battery on it says that its 3.6V, Ni-Mh, and the string +3H260BC. I've assuming that the 260 is the capacity in mAh, so something around this or slightly higher should work.

The best option at the moment appears to be a cordless phone battery pack as they are fully wrapped with flying leads. CPC parts BT00183, BT01331 or appear to be about my best options. The internal fixing for it is effectively BT00183 stacked vertically.

But before I go out and buy one of these I thought I'd see if anyone could spot a flaw in my logic.

John

• 2 years later...
My Strand 200 decided to play dead last time it was out to be used. It looks like the internal fuse has gone. But while I've got it open I want to replace the backup battery which has been dead for a long time.

The battery itself is a stack of cells making up a 3.6 Ni-Mh on flying leads that plug into the main board. I've been through my CPC catalogue to try and find a replacement and can find PCB mount or cordless phone batteries that appear to be about the right spec, but nothing exactly right.

The battery on it says that its 3.6V, Ni-Mh, and the string +3H260BC. I've assuming that the 260 is the capacity in mAh, so something around this or slightly higher should work.

The best option at the moment appears to be a cordless phone battery pack as they are fully wrapped with flying leads. CPC parts BT00183, BT01331 or appear to be about my best options. The internal fixing for it is effectively BT00183 stacked vertically.

But before I go out and buy one of these I thought I'd see if anyone could spot a flaw in my logic.

John

just noticed the date of the original post

Archived