Strand 530 External Keyboard Not Working

Paul_R

Help!!

I have a Strand 530 and the external keyboard works fine in DOS before Genius loads, but is totally dead once the console is loaded. i.e. The keys do not do anything, and num/caps lock do not respond in changing LED status.

Have tried another known good working keyboard from a 300 which does exactly the same thing.

There does not appear to be any keyboard setup within the Genius software, and the uk keyboard lines in the userexec.bat appear correct, and the keyboard does work in DOS..

Anybody got any 'genius' ideas???

Thanks,

Paul

Hmmmm.

The keyboard works prior to going into console mode. Does it work when you come out of console mode?

I know it's not good practice, but does the three finger salute CTRL, ALT, DEL work in console mode and after console mode?

Do you have the oportunity to reload the software? What software are you running?

How long has it been like this? Has anything changed/been added to the console?

Hopefully the answer(s) to some of these may be a pointer as to where the problem lies.

Awaiting the answers if and when available.

Paul will be along shortly, but we;ve just had a brief chat about this.

As far as I am aware, the desk is a hire-in, received today (so obviously the supplier will be contacted tomorrow if all else fails). Therefore I suspect reloading the software will NOT be an option at this stage.

The keyboard works prior to going into console mode. Does it work when you come out of console mode?

I know it's not good practice, but does the three finger salute CTRL, ALT, DEL work in console mode and after console mode?

Only method I know of is to hold down q whilst console shuts down which does not work due to keyboard problem.

CTRL, ALT, DEL untested at this point..

So no idea about after console mode.

Do you have the oportunity to reload the software? What software are you running?

How long has it been like this? Has anything changed/been added to the console?

No opportunity to reload the software, and to be honest I did not look at the version.

It IS a hired desk that was plugged in tonight, and so will become the suppliers problem first thing tomorrow morning...

...but I posted on here tonight just in case somebody told me I was being a muppet, and there is a /keyboard on switch somewhere!!!

Thanks,

Paul

Archived