rocknroller multi-cart

the source

Ignoring the sacktruck - not really the same kind of product - the Canford one looks best, but the one I used to have was the one with rear wheels this one - the 880

Most sack barrow style products are either too heavy due to needing to lift really heavy stuff, or too weak, if they're light enough. The Canford one I've seen in use plenty - the RockNRoller could be ok - just never seen one - and the MachineMart one likely to e good enough is quite heavy and nearly the price of the Canford one. I have somewhere one of those cheap ones - total and utter rubbish - it broke going down a short series of steps - the wheel frame spot welds snapped

I've used several of the lightweight aluminium sacktrucks - like THIS ONE from machine mart - although I've never used that particular one.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/images/library/product/large/05/050710782.jpg

All have looked virtually identical. Some have been excellent - very lightweight, strong and incredibly well balanced. Others have been complete rubbish. We've got several in the workshop, but the only one that gets used is the one with the "blue plastic bits.."

When I moved house, we found that the "good" lightweight one was perfect for shifting and maneuvering washing machine, freezer etc, even though it looked far too flimsy.

If I remember correctly, one of the "good" ones came from RS, and the "rubbish" one (which look incredibly similar) from a high st "budget tools" shop.

• 2 weeks later...

The rocknroller cart is absolutely incredible! I have the mid size one, and I've had it for four years now. I've overloaded it (exceeded its rated capacity) tons of times, and its never shown any sign of wear. It's starting to rust a little, but I think that's because it got left outside for a few weeks when I was out of town. It folds up small enough to fit in the trunk of a hatchback, and opens up big enough to carry four of my wedge monitors, with two compression racks on top!

I highly recommend it.

I've found this trolley to be very useful and it's lasted a couple of years so far.

Wolfcraft Trolley

It's been abused for house moves, get ins, scuba diving (lots of nasty sea salt) and taking 19" monitors on the london underground.

It folds very flat and has a useful bar that stops the wheels unfolding when in use.

Ta

Fletch

They may be very expensive, but they certainly are quality, if you can really push the budget out it'll be worth your while getting a magliner. With a load rating of 450KG there is rarely going to be a time when you need to worry about overloading it! They are not super lightweight and they don't fold up really small but if that isn't an issue then take a look!

Archived