Soundcraft GB4 Series Desk Lamp connections

JohnMac

I'm trying to use a LED Goose neck lamp with the above desk. Mr Murphy's Law is at work, and taking one straight from its packet and plugging it in hasn't worked.

Does anybody know the pin assignments for the four pin XLR connector? and the voltage (I'm currently assuming 12V DC but am quite happy to be told "Wrong!" it's.........).

Regards

John Mac.

I'm trying to use a LED Goose neck lamp with the above desk. Mr Murphy's Law is at work, and taking one straight from its packet and plugging it in hasn't worked.

Does anybody know the pin assignments for the four pin XLR connector? and the voltage (I'm currently assuming 12V DC but am quite happy to be told "Wrong!" it's.........).

Regards

John Mac.

yes it's 12v, I think from memory you just need to swap the 2 wires in the light over as teh polarity is the wrong way round

The normal connection is to use pins 3 & 4 of the 4 pin XLR.

The 'standard' is quite well thought out - polarity is not important, as the LED lamps incorporate a bridge rectifier to sort this out.

This means that you can use 12 volts DC, of either polarity, or even 12 volts AC.

Your Soundcraft GB4 is wired to this standard - as far as I can find out (Allen & Heath is certainly wired like this).

to get LED lamps working on a GB8 we had to change the wiring , can't remember why. to get normal lamp littlelight copies to work on the GB4 we had to swap the wires over in the lamp XLR as the connection to lamp chassis and there fore desk ground was shorting out the power supply

Thanks Guys for shedding a little light over my desk :) ...... I can see lots of knobs and buttons and they all do something? :)

Swapped the LED wires in the connector so that Black ->pin 4, and Red -> pin 3, and there was light.

Cheers

John Mac.

The 2 lamp connectors on my A&H GL2800 are wired differently. So I have to get them in the right order or I get no light. I've only had the desk 2 years so I'm sure you can understand why I've never had chance to fix it :)

Archived