Small desk

Beacon

Hi im looking to buy a small desk with only 4-5 channels. Im not sure what one to get, in fact I dont have a clue. I need one that can do, 2 Mic in's, Mini Disc, CD, and then the overall fader. Its need for radio broadcasts.

Please message back Jay

The audio quality of most Behringer desks can be extremely poor. with many of them being very succepatble to crosstalk between the channels.

Another option would be a Spirit Notepad which normally go for about £90 new.

If that is beyond your budget have a look on eBay and see if you can get something there.

HTH, Peter

I'm not a great fan of soundcraft: they feel very cheep

each to their own,

which is exactly why Beacon should try out, beg borrow hire different desks before buying one.

Oh and we have both soundcraft and mackie desks of all sizes at work, they all work reasonably well. Personaly I only have A&H soundcraft and sony, and I would find a sweepable mid of more use than the features on the DFX :wub:

James

Incedentaly - what type of 'radio' station is this for?

Its a 100% legal radio station (on the Net) in which public can register as Presenters and book slots. They broadcast to a server from there own house and then it is Broadcast to the people listerning.

j

The audio quality of most Behringer desks can be extremely poor.

I work as a Service engineer and the amount of "spirit" desks that come back through my department, that suffer from bad soldering "or jacks dry jointing". I've been installing behringer desks for somme time and have no problem with cross talk providing you don't overload the inputs. Allen and Heath are well worth a look. Mackie desks are ok if you have childs hands.....

Fleeting

I must have childs hands then!!!!

Love the mackie eq and preamps!

But the behringer desks look oh so familiar!!!! :wub: :P <_<

My little mackie has been the best OB/FOH/Monitor board as it takes all the abuse going and still only has one scratch on it!

Owen

When I was at school we bought a Soundcraft Folio SX which had a really great 'feature set' for what we wanted. Only thing was, it had really bad crosstalk from the Stereo channels. The replacement had the same problem, and it took a third desk before I was happy.

Archived