Small lighting rig

MarkPAman

Hi.

Our college often takes students to play gigs in smallish pubs.

Often these will have little or no lighting covering the “stage†area, so we would like to get some of our own.

I am often the only technical bod there, & I’m there to sort out the sound. There is often very limited set up time.

So I want:

• Quick to set up / take down.

• No extra floor stands (often no space).

• Must be run on 13A supply.

• Must have chase / sound to light (no operator sometimes).

• Must be able to take a reasonable amount of rough handling.

Budget about £500 - £700 now to get us out of the dark, then another £500 or so in 6 months or so.

I’m thinking about LED Pars – don’t know about desks though.

What do you think?

Thanks

Mark

For something cheap-n-cheerful, have you considered a small all-in-one desk like the Liteputer AX-415?

I bought one a couple of years ago from a dealer in the Netherlands for about 250 Euros. Came with Schukos, so I changed the plug for 13A and also made up a plate with Bulgins on it to interface to my Sound-to-Light cabinets, but you coud of course use other connectors to suit what ever lamps you might have. Unit itself comes in a 19" 5U sloped-desk format.

I've found it to be ideal for parties and discos, and you can leave it set up in Sound-to-Light mode unattended.

Faders are arranged as 4 pages of 4 faders, the first 4 channels drive the internal dimmers. All 16ch are available on the DMX output. It's quite versatile, and with the DMX output, you could patch in some LED Parcans, or more dimmer packs etc.

Feel free to PM me for more details - I'm sure I've got some piccies on my hard-drive somewhere.......

have you considered a small all-in-one desk like the Liteputer AX-415?

That's the sort of thing, is there one out there with UK connections on it?

Mark

I had a lot of trouble trying to source one with UK spec 13A plugs and fittings, so I found it more expedient to buy the European model, and convert it. Saved me some money in the long run, as I would have had to change the rear plate anyway, from IECs to Bulgin 8-way.

I'll try to dredge up some piccies of it in action - PM me with your email address

Regards

Ian S

Archived