Alternatives to Jem Glaciator X-Stream?

Harvey

Looking to find out if there are ANY Low-Lying fog machines out there (Not Dry Ice ;) that even compare to the Infamous Martin Jem Glaciator X-Stream??

Surely there must be another product out there that can produce a quality low-lying fog effect without the use of dry ice? Thinking for more Theatrical Applications......

I've worked with products like the Antari ICE 101 before and the output / height of the fog / fog density doesn't seem to come close to the Glaciator, so interested to hear peoples thoughts! :)

Here in Australia one of the local distributors has been pushing out a DJPower water based sonic low fog machine, the X-SW 2000, although the overall build quality is not amazing.

http://djpower.cn/en/product_show.asp?id=342

it seems to possibly run on a similar principal to the MT Electronics link above, in that they both use water to make the fog low lying.

Chauvet DJ is also coming out with a similar product https://www.chauvetdj.com/products/cumulus/

MT-Electronic showing at PLASA last autumn.

Is that the one that was on the upper level near a corner? If so, it certainly seemed pretty effective from what I saw.

Yes it was. Apparently you could vary the density, height above the ground etc, so it seemed quite flexible. Though as we all know, the external variables governing fog distribution (ventilation, humidity, draughts, etc) can make fog fun.

Hi I recently used 2 Antari DNG-200's for an evening of low smoke in the O2. Both machines came from ForceFX in Lindfield West Sussex, and they worked a treat, and they can run on DMX or the built in remote, and its got a good range of settings. Ive used the Glaciator before but wasn't as impressed as I was with the Antari's, I have tried a few different machines in a theatre including a pea souper, and I have to say these were great.

hope that helps.

Archived