QSC E series mounting options

bovsound

Hi all,

I am looking into getting some QSC E10 and E15s for a couple of different venues (bar and rehearsal room) where they will be flown. I want to hang the E10s horizontally, but the QSC website says the yolk mount does not support this orientation. Does anyone know why, and more importantly how to achieve this with other mounting methods? They will be pretty high and need a lot of down-tilt.

Secondly, how do you angle the E15s downward when using the eyebolt mounting? Is it just a case of tying it off with para-cord?

Failing this, can anyone recommend similar speakers with good mounting options?

Cheers.

I want to hang the E10s horizontally, but the QSC website says the yolk mount does not support this orientation.

How peculiar. We purchased some E10s and some K10s (the powered version) last summer. The K10 yokes arrived with the speakers in QSC branded boxes, and can do either way up (though does require reassembly to do this, but all fixings are supplied.) The E10 yokes were delayed by several months, which my supplier told me was down to QSC having some supply issues. Then when the E10 yokes actually arrived, they weren't similar to the K10 yokes at all; they're simply U-shaped bits of powerdercoated metal with no markings or packaging, which up until this moment I'd assumed were horizontal mount only!

However the E10 yoke page on the QSC website does, as you say, state they are for vertical mount only - I'd assumed the opposite because of course you can't hang them off a bar this way, only bolted onto the side of something. Personally, with the yokes in front of me now, I'd say they'd be much better in horizontal mount... YMMV! http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Cheers Alistermorton, made me chuckle. Which is what I needed because I can't seem to get a straight answer from any of the "experts" on this. Even found a photo in the QSC brochure with a horizontally flown speaker, directly contradicting what it says on their website! And it does seem odd that the powered versions have the exact option I'm after.

Can anyone give me some recommendations of other manufacturers who make a decent speaker with an easily adjustable flying frame? Never thought it would be this difficult to find something so simple. Budget is the limitation, I need two pairs for about £2k all in. GO!

Archived