Got an iPhone or an iPad ? My geeky self has made a couple apps for yo

Veuhi

Hey all,

I hope this is the right place to post this : I've made a couple iPhone/iPad sound apps to fill needs I had on my theater projects (I'm an actor/playwright/director), and I've also put them in the App Store.

Thought it could be interesting to share that with you. These apps where designed to be used on stage or backstage :

The Stop&Go Music Player provides an easy way to set up a playlist as well as new playback modes : the STOP & GO mode pauses playback between each song in the playlist, which is absolutely necessary when launching songs or backing tracks on stage. There is alse a CROSSFADE mode but that's just for fun.

The user interface was designed with stage use in mind so you get very large buttons and simplified controls.

The free version allows you to manage one playlist (that's all I needed actually), and I've made a Stop&Go+ version (0,99 $) for those who need to save multiple playlists.

Also, on the iPad you get the playback interface and playlist management in one single screen.

SimpleBoard allows you to easily create soundboards with sounds (or music) from your iPhone library. Soundboards can hold up to 8 sounds. Each soundboard adapts to your screen : if you only use one sound you will get a single button taking the entire screen. I've also put it in the App Store for a whooping 1,99 $ :)

Hope you can find them useful, and I'm always interested in getting feedback (positive or negative) on them !

Cheers,

Yves

The player I use has a programmable segue function between tracks as well - can be a really useful feature. The only problem is I have to run it off windows XP! (on my Mac....) Don't trust the audio outs of iThingies, much happier using an external DtoA with decent connectors on something I'm a bit happier using so a Mac or windows version would be good.

It might be a bit overkill, and you might already know about it, but Qlab would probably fit your need on a Mac. There is a free version of it, and their big "Go" button actually inspired me to make the fat "Play" button in the Stop&go music player :)

The player I use has a programmable segue function between tracks as well - can be a really useful feature. The only problem is I have to run it off windows XP! (on my Mac....) Don't trust the audio outs of iThingies, much happier using an external DtoA with decent connectors on something I'm a bit happier using so a Mac or windows version would be good.

I have downloaded a copy of Simpleboard and had a quick play, although I haven't used it for real. I use SCS for most of my shows, but have been looking for a simple sound board app for a while for those very small jobs where you need the odd sting but nothing complex enough to really justify a laptop. My iPad can fit in my radio mic case so I can travel super light!

The app looks quite useful , although the ability to upload sound files without using the iTunes library would be nice. One particular feature request would be for a "fade all" button (maybe 4 seconds, maybe configurable?) so that effects can be faded out rather than stopping abruptly.

Thanks for the good work,

Rob

Thanks a lot for the feedback ! I myself also had been looking for an app like that before setting on making one :)

Making the STOP button less abrupt and/or configurable is a very good idea, I'll definitely look into it. Maybe first do a version that softens the STOP, then maybe implement a configurable fade out...

I'll also check what can be done to upload sound files without using the iTunes library, although I fear it might go against the general simplicity of the app. Apple doesn't make it easy to shortcut its tools :)

Yves

I have downloaded a copy of Simpleboard and had a quick play, although I haven't used it for real. I use SCS for most of my shows, but have been looking for a simple sound board app for a while for those very small jobs where you need the odd sting but nothing complex enough to really justify a laptop. My iPad can fit in my radio mic case so I can travel super light!

The app looks quite useful , although the ability to upload sound files without using the iTunes library would be nice. One particular feature request would be for a "fade all" button (maybe 4 seconds, maybe configurable?) so that effects can be faded out rather than stopping abruptly.

Thanks for the good work,

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

As per user requests, an updated version of Stop&Go and Stop&Go+ is now in the App Store. I haven't had time yet to update SimpleBoard, but will do it soon !

In Stop&Go/Stop&Go+ music now fades out when pausing, and fades back in when playing again.

Songs also fade into each other now when skipping tracks in CROSSFADE mode :)

Also you can now skip back to the last song when you've reached the end of the playlist, and the playlist screen now scrolls automatically to the currently playing song !

Archived