Asset hire system

tomo2607

I wasn't too sure where to put this, so please feel free to move / delete if this is not appropriate...

The school I work for have previously used GLPI as an ICT asset management system. I piggybacked off this to create a hire system that staff and students can access to book venue time and hire equipment when on campus. This was split into 2 main categories for creative arts and media faculties, and sub categories for each subject within those faculties.

The GLPI system is no longer used by the ICT team, and it seems that it will become un-managed on the schools network very soon. What I wanted to ask is, does any one have any experience / recommendations for a standalone booking system that could include both spaces and assets? I need to allow both staff an students to be able to book time in a performance space, and / or book equipment linked to their faculty.

Before GLPI this was all managed by email and an online calendar, but this became unmanageable due to the amount of equipment going out each week. Double bookings and missing assets became a problem. Ideally I need a system that will allow me to track "historical" bookings and users.

I know this may not be entirely related to normal blue room discussions, but I would appreciate any advice members may have.

Cheers.

We use a system called Artifax primarily for venue/room and resource bookings and it's good. We have a lot of rooms and a lot of resources though, so depending on your size, it may not be cost effective (we have a corporate contract for it and I don't know how much it costs, but it isn't a cheap option).

PM sent. I've been developing an asset management and equipment booking system particularly targeted towards education environments in this industry, and it may help the OP!

Archived