50mm Couplers

agermich

Hi Folks

We need to get some more fixed and swivel couplers, 50mm couplers that we can use on truss rather than scaff fittings. I have looked at getting more doughty couplers but they are generally pretty expensive wherever they come from:

https://cpc.farnell.com/doughty/t57110/clamp-swivel-coupler-black/dp/ST03414?st=doughty%20coupler

I have seen the global truss couplers on CPC that come in a lot cheaper than the doughty stuff:

https://cpc.farnell.com/global-truss/8231-90-b/fixed-swivel-truss-coupler/dp/ST03791

I am not concerned about the lower SWL as we will get nowhere near that, but has anybody used these and are they any good? If anyone has any recommendations for other couplers that come in cheaper than the doughty ones I would be happy to hear about those too, black finish is preferable to ali.

Cheers

Mike

What these guys said ^

Ours don't tend to get much in the way of heavy-duty work (they barely even get light-duty work), and definitely have a 'cheaper' feel to them, but they've not given us any problems.

I got some from EBAY which appear to be similar to CPC but cheaper, for light duty (radio mic aerials). I have since used them to hang patt23's horizontally (off the side of the bar rather than under) and they have been fine so far. Like the others I haven't tried heavy loads yet.

Thomann tend to be slightly cheaper on the Global Truss stuff, if your order is big enough to qualify for the free shipping and if you can wait a week. Not a big difference, but a couple of quid per clamp soon adds up.

Archived