Comms Flasher

I built some rather (over) sophisticated, bespoke units for the Barbican which work with both Tecpro (d.c.) and RTS/Telex signalling (ultrasonic tone superimposed on the audio). In the form the Barbican wanted (very rugged and smart) they turned out to be too expensive to market as commercial products but if anyone is looking for some they are a bit less expensive than the standard offering (CIA1000) which is not readily available any more.

Dave

I had a need to switch comms into show relay and as I have some spare bluecom boards decided to use the flasher circuit to operate a relay as a stop gap system.

I populated only: the three pole XLR's, L1, C10, D2, C11,R8,C12 for the power supply and: R38, R39, C26,TR3, TR4, R32 and replaced the LED with a relay and protection diode.

I intend to progress it to a better non relay system but it quickly got us out of a difficult cable run.The relay can of course switch a mains lamp or be replaced with an opto triac.

I had a need to switch comms into show relay and as I have some spare bluecom boards decided to use the flasher circuit to operate a relay as a stop gap system.

I populated only: the three pole XLR's, L1, C10, D2, C11,R8,C12 for the power supply and: R38, R39, C26,TR3, TR4, R32 and replaced the LED with a relay and protection diode.

I intend to progress it to a better non relay system but it quickly got us out of a difficult cable run.The relay can of course switch a mains lamp or be replaced with an opto triac.

Good to see yet another application for a Bluecom board!

Archived