Martin Wizard controlling issues

Student lighting engineer

Hi all,

spoke to martin today and was informed that they no longer offer support for my Martin wizards none rush or extreme I have a pair of original wizards and love them to bits but one has developed a fault and I am needing some help solving it. I am receiving stray DMX signals and the light is acting rather odd.... will not respond to my titan one dongle or Chamsys software they used to work brilliantly but have since stopped. sometimes the light when moved will lamp back off and I have to wait for the inbuilt timer to clear before it will re-strike. any help or advice is very much appreciated.

Cheers Ross

the last one of these I had on the bench was doing something similar, it turned out to be faulty address switches. The fan draws muck through the hole where you get to them.

Bad contacts on these switches or operating them while it's powered-up can crash the micro at worst and make nonsense of the channels at best.

Archived