A.S.S. Speakers

BTME

ASS are / were probably the best commercial cabinet builders in the UK, and for a period manufactured for many of the big brands of the day such as turbosound. They will be first class build quality and will likely last forever. Sound quality is very subjective, but when I have heard these in the past they had good extension and speed, so good subs in my book.

Sorry, maybe I did not address my question correctly. In fact, I have an A.S.S. System myself and I am satisfied with it. But, first I wanted your opinion on it and secondly, I wonder if maybe you know somebody that has some MX800 for sale.

my own experience? I've worked with bs1200 double 15 inch subs under one off ass double 10 inch plus horn tops. Mostly just the 4 boxes though the guy I worked for had 8 boxes in total. Built like a bomb shelter, similar to copy black box. All weather, but I doubt the drivers were originals. Best suited for large outdoor events, can kill small children at 20 paces and is slightly less subtle than a rocket launcher. Charming they aren't and nothing as shaped as turbosound, they need quite a bit if taming but very good crowd and distance penetration for outdoor stuff...and to be fair I did use them for a massed choir once, so they can be tamed...sort of...

Archived