Newbie to Lighting and DMX would like advice

zeymatis

Hi , Hope ive come to the right place .

In a nutshell. I play in a covers band and the drummer had his own lights which were Two 2k HALOGEN boxes controlled by a Colormix CA-32 4ch DMX controler. One day they just decided to stop working ( Plus they made you sweat like no ones buisness) .

I went and bought an American DJ DOTZ FLOOD , ( 6 , 30watt LEDs) . Took it down to rehearsal and couldnt get the Colormix to do anything with it so we just had to let the Dotz flood do its own show mode to sound at the gig which wasnt ideal when we did a slow song and the strobe kicked in ** laughs out loud ** .

I had delivered a Chauvet Obey 3 LED controller which says it is only for use with fixtures that have 3-channel RGB mode .Plugged it in and it does actually interact with the light box of a fashoin but im at a loss to know what DMX channel I nned to adress it to 0-512 and what channel mode ..Any , and I mean any advice would be very helpfull .

Rob

I went and bought an American DJ DOTZ FLOOD , ( 6 , 30watt LEDs) .

I had delivered a Chauvet Obey 3 LED controller which says it is only for use with fixtures that have 3-channel RGB mode .

Looking at the American DJ manual here shows the various modes the flood can be run in. I would suggest trying the mode "9A Channel" this uses three sets of RGB - it probably allows you to control each pair of leds differently. Then set the DMX address for the flood to 1 and set the Chauvet to start at address 1.

Archived