Avo Pearl update personality function

Biskit

Hopefully a quick one - I'm controlling some LED wash fixtures on a Pearl 2004, using a personality file which I adapted from a similar fixture because, at the time, there wasn't one available. It works perfectly, except that I inadvertently designated some of the colour attributes as LTP Instantaneous rather than standard LTP. This means that when running timed transitions between states involving these attributes, the colours snap rather than fade.

Realising the error, I have now corrected the personality file and have attempted to load it into the desk using the 'update personality' function in the Utility menu, but the fixtures still continues to function the same as before, snapping these attributes instead of fading. The manual isn't especially detailed in how to do this and what should/shouldn't happen, so I am wondering if I'm not doing it correctly. Anyone have experience doing this? I've spent ages programming pallettes etc so I really don't want to have to start from scratch with a new show-file.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Ben

I seem to remember that the Classic update personality function has a very specific purpose - maybe just preset palettes or function ranges?

However, you can adjust instant fade directly from the console via Patch/[Patch Utilities]/[set/Reset Instant Mode]. IIRC you select the attributes to change via the attribute bank keys and then the blue/grey keys toggle the two attributes between instant and fade. You will need a VDU connected to see the current setting and which attribute corresponds to which key. Or it's trial and error.

I seem to remember that the Classic update personality function has a very specific purpose - maybe just preset palettes or function ranges?

However, you can adjust instant fade directly from the console via Patch/[Patch Utilities]/[set/Reset Instant Mode]. IIRC you select the attributes to change via the attribute bank keys and then the blue/grey keys toggle the two attributes between instant and fade. You will need a VDU connected to see the current setting and which attribute corresponds to which key. Or it's trial and error.

Thanks Nic that's really helpful I'll try it on the console tomorrow. The manual suggests the update personality function could be used "if Avo release an updated personality file, eg. adding range tables" but it doesn't say it's exclusively for this purpose. I'll give your method try anyway, thanks again.

Archived