Par 64 matrix

ljbar

Hi

Depending on budget, you can do exactly as the above. I'd ask for 400A 3ph supply @ 240v, which is 1200A.

If not, consider using high powered LED pars which take a lot less.

I have done a similar effect but I used a battery of Studio Due CS4 in a 64-way matrix which equated to 16 units arranged 8 x 2. Design power was 90A for the lot, and easily fit into a single universe of DMX.

All the best.

Timmeh.

Hi

Depending on budget, you can do exactly as the above. I'd ask for 400A 3ph supply @ 240v, which is 1200A.

If not, consider using high powered LED pars which take a lot less.

I have done a similar effect but I used a battery of Studio Due CS4 in a 64-way matrix which equated to 16 units arranged 8 x 2. Design power was 90A for the lot, and easily fit into a single universe of DMX.

All the best.

Timmeh.

Hi Timmeh, Using the CS4 is not a bad idea. I will see if I can get a rental who has them near me. I never saw one live but they apear to have strong beam beam effect.

Some more info on the show from your reference image here. Note that the image showing the cabling and dimmers is only half of it. If you're flying don't underestimate the load of the cabling alone.

When I have done this in the past I have doubled up for dimmer and cabling efficiency (ie. one soca run to two bars with a splitter at the bars). Depends whether you must have individual control of each lamp or not. You could even consider using 500W lamps to reduce power requirements and theoretically have four per channel although this might be harder to achieve in reality. (note that I am basing this on 230V and 10A dimmers)

Alternatively I have been very impressed by these 2-cell LED DWE equivalent fixtures from Luxibel. They can be arrayed, have an automated red shift across the dimming range and a natural fade out when flashed. I am seriously considering using these to reduce the power load if I need to achieve the effect again in the future. Although I really like the heat of the tungsten...!

If they want the effect and aren't worried about beam angles etc then perhaps using a lot of 5x5 matrix panels would work? Obviously the rig wouldn't look the same visually and the beams wouldn't be as nice but could be a good way of achieving it a) with not as much cost b) with not as much weight and c) with not as much power requirements!

Something like this would have been ideal - shame it's discontinued.

Lots of hire companies have suntrips which would give a mini version. Or as suggested 5x5 panels, PRG used to have loads of Jarags. Even using 6 way parbars will reduce the cable and time on this if you can be flexible on the lamp pitch.

As said cable will at least double the weight of whatever you build.

Ive had over 200 par 64s in a back wall array as blinders I cant remember the exact amount off the top of my head as blinders for a large edm show.

As stated above its simple really Rigging, Cables, Lots of power and art racks also lots of soca means lots of extra weight

Lest we forget, by 1979 Queen were all out with the walls of PARs, its all there was

http://www.queenconc...Hanover_11.html

Updated to 200 movers, probably brighter with less cabling and a whole lot more looks in it

https://jands.com/ar...d-adam-lambert/

What movers are those if I might ask?

Edit: Mac 101

What I dont like about those is that you can see the individual leds. That´s not the effect I am looking for

Archived