LED Par Can LEDJ046

T*ny

Our amateur theatre recently bought 4 x LEDJ046 LED par cans and while I have no issues with the light output, the fan noise is far too high to use them in a FoH position as the lighting bar is only about 2m above the heads of the front row. The LX department now want to buy a couple more but I have asked them to hang fire until I have checked to see whether there might be a quieter alternative.

Does anyone know of anything out there that would work as an alternative?

If you get an IP65 model led par, there is no fan. This varytec_led_par_36x3w_ip65_rgbis not right, but a starting point.

Look for 40 degrees for theatre use as most fresnels are 40 to 50 degrees, all in one led's, not 10mm as they are lower light output and have colour shadows. The IP65 case style has spill out of the sides, so a snoot or barndoor is needed to control spill.

Thanks for the replies - I will forward them to the powers that be and see what they say.

Joshua - I am in Bromley (and have updated my profile) and might be in touch to see about a demo unit

And using a different search string I have found a previous thread on a similar topic - sorry for starting a new one . . .

You could look at the Stage Colour Quad also from LEDJ/Prolight... this is loaded with the same LED chips but is convection cooled. There is a little trade off due to the 9x8W as apposed to 18x8W in the LEDJ46 can, however noise will not be an issue. Another could be the Q Colour as this has the same LED count as the LEDJ46 but does feature a smaller fan thanks to the larger heatsink.

Archived