Gel swatch app for Android

Judge

I used to have this excellent app on my phone that had all the Lee and Rosco colours on it. I recently had to reset my phone and this somehow didnt make it back on.I just went looking for it and found the new Lee app, but its not what I had, or wanted. Anyone else had and lost this? I guess its been pulled from the Play store.

Aye, thats the one. Found out a direct download link for it here:

https://www.apkmonk.com/app/net.blakely.paul.swatchbook/

Looks quite old, but it does not need any special permissions so cannot see how it could possibly have been a problem, apart from the fact hat it didnt list some of the newer fancy gels like 406 Hens teeth yellow and 411 Lettuce Fluff pink

Will check out the Stagehand thing, and maybe drop Paul Blakely a line to see whats up.Cheers Gerry

Well I downloaded the Apk package but the phone wouldnt let me install it "for security reasons"It would probably work on a rooted phone.

You can install it without root, it's just a standard android thing to not allow direct installation. In settings>developer options (or similar depending on phone) you should be able to allow it, install the app, then turn it off again.

Installed the apk that Judge refers to, after turning off "allow unknown sources", but couldn't get it to open. Put "Swatchbook" into Google Play & "Lee Swatch Book" popped up & installed ok. It claims to do comparisons with the usual suspects, but gives some very strange "matches".

Archived