Which Lighting software ?

fincaman

Hello all, I have been using the free DMX software DMX Control 2 for some years, I quite fancy something a bit more sophisticated can anyone recommend some modestly priced software that is compatible with my Enntec Pro interface ?

Vital question - what are you doing with it?

Chamsys MagicQ is a great option of course... that is extremely modestly priced at £0. You will then know how to run a Chamsys console should you ever find yourself in front of one, and the workflow is pretty similar to other major console brands.

Vital question - what are you doing with it?

Chamsys MagicQ is a great option of course... that is extremely modestly priced at £0. You will then know how to run a Chamsys console should you ever find yourself in front of one, and the workflow is pretty similar to other major console brands.

Hello sorry a bit confused I will be running it solely on a PC . All I want to do is scene lists with fairly simple fixtures and chasers

So are you just running dimmers on it, or moving lights, LED pars, what?

MagicQ runs on PC or Mac, download it from https://secure.chamsys.co.uk/download and have a go. It is very powerful but like any complex software it has quite a steep learning curve.

I'm doing various am dram and cabaret shows I have some RGBW led Pars a couple of RGBW scanners and a laser. I have just been adding generic dimmers and using them like that

Hello Again and thanks for all the help, I have found MagicQ also Onyx which was formally M-PC both have given me a lot to think about as they do far more than I need and as we all know learning any new app takes a lot of work !!!

Archived