Title: Warehouse Co-ordinator
Reports to: Management Team
Salary: Depending on experience.
About SFL Group:
SFL is a full service technical solutions provider to the live events industry.
Based in Reading our 14,000 sq facility we provide Full service technical production, equipment hire and installation services throughout the UK and Europe.
Our core equipment provision in-house is high quality audio (L-Acoustics, d&b, Yamaha & Digi-design) and video (Barco, Analog-Way) Our Partner company TSL based in Brighton manages our lighting solutions.
More information can we found here :- www.sflgroup.co.uk
We are looking for a hard-working and self-motivated individual to join our team.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Hire Manager and will have a small team of full time staff for which they are responsible. As senior member of this team you will lead and manage, ensuring that the standards and procedures of the company are met.
As part of our industry, we as a company are subject to last minute changes and requests by our clients. When these last minute changes occur, it is the Warehouse Coordinators responsibility to help and direct the team to ensure these requests are action' d.
We are sometimes subject to abnormal working hours we need the Warehouse Team to be flexible to meet these demands.
The Warehouse Coordinator will ensure that equipment and resources are sent out and returned in the time specifications outlined for any job.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
· To exercise control of all warehouse departments and staff that the company uses in the daily running of its business of live events and equipment hire and to lead by example. (this is a hands-on role not an administrative one).
· To monitor the standard of works within the warehouse to maintain quality control.
· To ensure all equipment upon leaving and returning to the warehouse is checked in and out correctly and on-time.
· To take responsibility for any items that have not been returned, these will need to be followed up with the appropriate person in charge of each job.
· To ensure that the equipment and storage is taken care of in line with company standards, and complies with Health and Safety standards.
· To perform basic repairs on equipment, soldering, drilling, replacement of parts and the manufacturing of cables.
· Assessing and scheduling service, maintenance and repair of equipment (including organising sending equipment away for specialist / complex repairs) that has been reported as faulty or damaged, following the company repairs procedure.
· Keep the Warehouse and its surrounding areas a clean and safe environment to work.
· To keep all PAT testing up to date with company requirements and standards
· To check that all consumable stock levels are ordered and kept up to date.
· Take responsibility for ensuring the yearly and interim stock checks count is completed.
· To schedule and implement firmware updates for all digital equipment on a regular basis ensuring that all equipment leaves our facility with the latest stable version.
· To ensure that the training room is Prepared for our numerous training courses.
· To manage our facility to include liaison with all external contractors.
· Oversee sub-hires, checking and testing equipment as it arrives, and ensuring equipment is complete upon return.
· Management of goods in and goods out.
· The successful candidate will ideally have proven experience in the live event industry and a good working knowledge of audio visual, sound, lighting, rigging, set and staging equipment.
· Leadership qualities yet also a team player
· Excellent communication & organisation skills
· Self-managing and motivating with ability to take own initiative
· Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
· Able to work overtime as required and at short
· Good attention to detail
· Hard working and enthusiastic
· Good time management skills
· Good practical skills, I.e. soldering, making things
· Ability to understand and comply with the companies Health and Safety policy
· Ability to problem solve and to work to deadlines
· Honest and trustworthy
· Physically fit and able to perform manual handling
· Be Computer Literate. Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Outlook.
· Knowledge of Hiretrack useful not essential
This is a permanent full time post.
The offer is subject to a probation period of 3 months that can be extended
This is a full-time post with some rare evening and weekend work required, for which overtime will be paid.
Basic hours of work are normally 09:00 till 17:30 with a 1/2 lunch break.
Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 20 days per annum, including three days between Christmas and New Year, plus 8 bank holidays.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send through a copy of your cv, with a covering letter, including your current remuneration package to Tom Jeffery, director. Tom@sflgroup.co.uk
All applications should be received no later than Wednesday 13th June 2012
Page 1 of 1
SFL Hiring - Warehouse Co-Ordinator
Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:26 PM
Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1