setup Chauvet DMX-AN to work with Luminair

Hagopm

Hello All

I'm trying to configure my Chauvet DMX-AN to show up in Luminair (ipad DMX software).

I followed Chauvet instructions and changed the computer IP address to 2.0.0.5

I was then able to view the GUI on my web browser by putting in the default 2.0.0.1 IP address

Luminair setup instructions tell you to set the DMX-AN IP address so that the first three octets match on both devices (ipad and DMX-AN).

The ipad IP address is 192.168.1.16

So I changed the IP address on the DMX-AN to 192.168.1.10

I hit apply, pasted this ip address in the address bar and was then unable to load up the DMX-AN GUI

I then changed the computer IP to 192.168.1.5 (so the first 3 octets on all 3 devices match) but this has not helped.

I reset the DMX-AN to factory settings, and was able to view the GUI at the default IP, but then as soon as I changed the IP address, I was unable to view it.

Any thoughts on this? I will call Chauvet tech support but I have to wait till Monday :(

Just use 192.168.x.y or 10.x.y.z throughout.

Nobody should ever use the 2.x.y.z IP address range.

It will cause you trouble, especially on a device like an iPad which knows that 2.x.y.z is the Internet.

(Even when it isn't)

Archived