Which fixtures take GH08 / Size B gobos?

james3mc

We have four aging Patt 23 which we use when we want to use our gobos. And we have A LOT of size B gobos and mainly GH08 gobos holders.

What we want to know is, what other fixtures can use this size of holder and gobo?

According to this guide from Rosco the Patt23/N, Minim 23, Hilite 23 and Quartet, although only the Patt23 will resolve the full gobo B size, the rest really need a D (it says).

There are , of course, several lanterns which take a size B, but not with a GH08

I always thought Quartet was M size.

You're right, I misread the superscript note, it is M for full resolution., not D for the Quartet.

As gyro_gearloose suggests, if you have other lanterns you would like to use for your gobos, you can probably bodge your GH08s to fit. If you can get hold of a bit of thin aluminium, & can use a saw, file & pair of pliers, it's easy enough to modify or even make your own from scratch. I have quite a collection of home-made & re-purposed ones knocking around that date from a time when £10+ for a holder seemed a lot of money.

Archived