led bar lights

labby

Hi all, I work in a small 200 seat theatre and need some new lights for my cyc, at present im using stairville par cans, but was thinking of trying some LED bars to give a better coverage. does anyone have any experience with using these and if so what type I should get? the stage is approximately 8 meters across but only approximatley 12 feet to the lighting bars above the stage. any advice would be appreciated.

My stage cyc is 7 m wide with a drop of 16 feet. I have chauvet batten 72s which I have tried and are ok but I would really recommend the Prologhts studiocob par FC's from AC lighting. I have 6 spread evenly accros the bar. you could probably get away with 6 but I sggest 7. THe lights come with a lens that narrows the beam to around 40 degrees but this is easily removed as it is a plastic fresnel lens. once removed the beam angle is closer to 60 degrees. the colours are very vibrant and it is a good colour spectrum. They come in at just under £500 each inc vat and barn doors. can send photos of my cyc with lights on if that helps.

I have some cheap Thomann 24 cell bars - these work surprisingly well - and although I didn't buy them for this, I use them as uplighter on a cyc from time to time. The versions with the LEDs all mixed would have been better - close to - my individual blocks of LEDs don't blend until about 2 ft away - the mixed ones would do this better.

Archived