Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Based at: Universal Live Head Office, Bradford
About the company:
Universal Live is a full service technical solutions provider to the live event industry.
From our Head Office in West Yorkshire and our branches in Bromsgrove and London we provide equipment and support to Live Event clients including Event Management and Production Companies throughout the UK, Europe and beyond.
Specifically the company supplies Sound, Light, Vision, Stage, Power and Media. For more information visit our website :- www.universal-live.com
We are looking for a hard-working and self-motivated individual to join our warehouse team at our Head Office in Bradford. We are particularly interested in persons who can demonstrate an interest in stage lighting equipment.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
· General maintenance of a wide range of technical equipment
· Assisting with preparing equipment for hire
· Dealing with goods in and out of the warehouse
· Delivering and collecting equipment
· Loading and unloading vehicles
· Day to day warehouse maintenance
Must have electrical knowledge and be able to perform basicelectrical repairs.
The successful candidate will need to have a proven interest in the live event industry, ideally with a basic knowledge of audio visual, sound, lighting, rigging, set and staging equipment.
- Leadership qualities yet also a team player
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Able to work overtime as required and at short notice
- Ability to take own initiative
- Experience of managing people
- Good attention to detail
- Hard working and enthusiastic
- Be able show good time management skills
- Be Computer Literate. Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Full UK Driving License
- This is a permanent full time post commencing as soon as possible
- There is a probation period of three months
- This is a full-time post with occasional evening and weekend working, for which overtime will be paid
- Basic hours of work are normally 08.30 till 1730 with an hour lunch break
- Salary for this post is dependent on experience and on completion of probation.
- Universal AV Services runs a contributory pension scheme that may be joined after a three month period.
- The holiday leave year runs from 1 January to 31 December. Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 20 days per annum, including three days between Christmas and New Year, plus bank holidays.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Ben Phillips, Hire Manager by email at email@example.com