Line 6 xd series cross compatibility...

tomo2607

Hi Folks,

Does anyone here have much experience with the Line 6 XD series wireless mics? I have 6x v75 units and we are looking to add 4 more to the stock.

The issue im facing is budget constraint... So I'm looking into the possibility of using the x55 or x35 variant. I'm under the impression that he v55 will work fine alongside the v75, but I'm not too sure about the v35... can anyone shed some light?

Many thanks in advance.

I’m succesfully running 2 V55’s alongside V70’s perfectly happily. No issues at all. We also ran a guitar system alongside them on a previous show - forget the model but the beltpack looked very different. Again it played fine and we managed to work out that even though the guitar system only had 6 channels as opposed to 12, they were just channels 1 thru 6 of the larger systems.

Just remember to check your RF modes to make sure they’re all the same!

From the product website.

XD-V systems enable professional bands or church and theatrical productions to use up to 14 systems simultaneously. Relay® G30, G50, G55 and XD-V35, XD-V55 and XD-V75 systems share the same technology, so it's easy to combine handhelds, lavaliers, headsets and instruments within the same system—with the same incredible performance.* And since all share the same technology, mixing and matching is easy.

*Compatible units must be running same RF mode.

I'm happily using V75 & V55 side by side (and some earlier V70 with the firmware updated) so I can confirm that part works.

Just remember to check your RF modes to make sure they're all the same!

I managed to switch one mic accidentally a while back - nothing bad actually happened that I noticed.http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif

yes, the Line6 "channels" are completely cross compatible and any transmitter will work with any receiver provided they are both on the same channel. Obviously not all the advance status/power/monitoring features are available across platforms - we have a big box full of transmitters and racks of receivers of all versions and regularly mix-n-match.

The caveat to all this is the Mk1 / Mk2 protocal is generally not cross compatible but every unit I've ever handled does have a way of switching it between first and second generation protocals (from memory it was a sequence of switching on and off, jumping between certain channels to toggle the different protocol) so with 5 mins of swearing at it you could still get any transmitter to work with any receiver as all mk2 protocal units could be switched backwards to mk1

You only get a maximum of 12 channels in RF1 mode - this is the robust mode that uses four different frequencies per channel. RF2 only uses two frequencies per channel and can reach 14 channels at a cost of being slightly less resilient.

Thank you all for the replies. It helps to know that others are using the v7* and v5* without issue.

My main concern was how the Ch for each different unit stacked up, but Cedd has cleared that up.

Ill read up and RF 1 / 2 switching for the 55's

Thanks again.

Old units were mk1 and can't switch to mk2 protocal, anything bought in the last 5 years or so will almost certainly be mk2 with the option to downgrade to mk1 so if all the units were purchased relatively recently then you shouldn't have to switch anything at all; it's just important to know about this because the one thing that stops the Line6 stuff from not working at all (with no obvious symptoms or error messages) is trying to transmit in a protocol version that the receiver isn't switched to

Archived