JesterML LED Colour Mixing

astuartm

Hi, Looking for a bit of advice on how to set up out JesterML with 8 xLedj Intense 9HEX10 LED Slim Par 9x10W 6in1 colour LED's. I have tried tagging and untagging the fixtures but although their operation changes, it does not give the colour mixing I wanted or expected. the lights all operate on different addresses and are set to 8 channel mode.

When Tagged, they operate as follows. When I record the colours into subs the first sub I put up (RED) will operate as expected. When I try to mix a colour for example Blue to create purple, the blue will come on at full when the sub is at 5% due to the red sub being fully up, but the Red will go off.

When Untagged the operate as follows. Again all colours are recorded to separate subs. If I put up the red sub the colour will latch although the light will come down with the fader, when I add the Blue now the Blue will latch on at 5% and Purple will come up as the fader is put to max, then if I take down the fader the colours Blue and Red will be latched on and will not go down with the fader, so as I add other colours until eventually all colours are latched on and all subs do the same thing, only operate the intensity..

Any help with colour mixing on this desk will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks..

You could cheat by making a new fixture profile and defining each colour as Dimmer rather than colours. Then operate the fixture in one of the submodes (6 channel mode) that just has separate colour channels and not a master dimmer channel.

Kevin

Darn, of course, sorry. However as any notion of it being one fixture looks irrelevant you could go without a fixture profile and ignore that it's an "intelligent fixture" and just treat it as 6 generic channels.

This does mean that you can't use palettes (if the Jester ML has such things, I don't know!) but as it seems you just need plug-and-play colour mixing maybe this works adequately?

Kevin

Thanks for the help here.. do you mean just giving my six fixtures the same address?

Not necessarily, it depends what fixture flexibility you need and how many channels in your generic section you have to burn on them. If there are fixtures that you will always do the same colours with then sure set them to the same address. The other option is to use one of the other channel-lite modes the fixture has. There is a 2 channel mode and 3 channels if you just want RGB (and not white, amber and UV).

This does mean that you're not using the "ML" part of the desk for these fixtures, but if it gets you the fader-based functionality you require for this job then you're done.

Apologies that I don't know this desk well, but as others have said the LTP behaviour is hard-coded then this less glamorous method might be your best shot.

You should post your same original question on here:

http://zero88.com/forum/forum/126-jester-ml-range/

(and hope that us dual-users don't give you the same half-baked responses!)

Archived