LED Pixel Tape 5V or 12V

Paul O

I'm just starting to look at using LED Pixel tape for a couple of upcoming theatrical shows and have noticed that both the tapes and the driver hardware come in 5V and 12V variants.

I would expect the 12V version to be less susceptible to voltage drop issues on longer power cable runs but are there any other factors I should take into account when picking 5V or 12V kit?

I'm just starting to look at using LED Pixel tape for a couple of upcoming theatrical shows and have noticed that both the tapes and the driver hardware come in 5V and 12V variants.

I would expect the 12V version to be less susceptible to voltage drop issues on longer power cable runs but are there any other factors I should take into account when picking 5V or 12V kit?

The 12V pixel tape normally has the LEDs wired in 3's, so if you need to be able to light individual LEDs you need to go with 5V.

Archived